GoodYear Workhorse Extra Grip?

Trapn 6.0

Reaction score
HI first post here been poking about here for awhile. Better stop lurking and start posting!

Has anyone had any experience with these tires? Thank you!

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
I've worn out about 6-10 of the tires on my truck. Good tires, wear pretty well as long as the truck is in alignment.

A few years ago when I was working in a shop, I installed probably 100 of them on local farm & work trucks. A lot of them were getting their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th set.

Last edited:

Trapn 6.0

Reaction score
I've worn out about 6-10 of the tires on my truck. Good tires, wear pretty well as long as the truck is in alignment.

A few years ago when I was working in a shop, I installed probably 100 of them on local farm & work trucks. A lot of them were getting their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th set.

How do you like them on the highway? Heard they can have a rougher ride.

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
How do you like them on the highway? Heard they can have a rougher ride.

Well, I drive a 3/4 ton diesel truck with a solid front axle. It's not a Buick by any stretch of the imagination, and it rides as such.
At 80PSI & unloaded, yeah, they are stiff. But so are the Firestones that I have on the front now because I couldn't get the GY XtraGrip around here. I can't tell a difference in ride between the two for the same pressures.
Around town I like the rear about 60-70psi, and front at 55-65psi for a little softer ride. You can (and I have) run them there on the interstate, and the ride is a little better at the lower pressure, but I'd prefer to squeeze that little more fuel economy out of it by pumping them up to 80psi since I'm cheap.

They're a good all around tire.
The only bad part I found about this tire is if you're going to be on ice a lot, you'll want to get them studded or look for a tire with smaller tread lugs & more siping. With the larger lugs and small siping, getting traction with them on ice is like trying to grab a greased pig by the tail.

Oh, and keep them rotated. If they chop very much at all, they get noisy very quickly.

Dave

Reaction score
Great tire. Unfortunately discontinued by goodyear and replaced with the Wrangler duratrac

Atsah

Reaction score
I had a set on my dually and they lasted a long time.. On the dually they were great on the highway.. I plowed snow with them.. They don't make them anymore do they?

Trapn 6.0

Reaction score
I found some on Craigslist but you can still find them online a few places. I'm really researching this next set of tires for my dually. Tires are to expensive for playing trial and error.

Atsah

Reaction score
I found some on Craigslist but you can still find them online a few places. I'm really researching this next set of tires for my dually. Tires are to expensive for playing trial and error.

I think they are a great tire on the dually.. I think you would be happy with them..

Latest posts

Members online