trailer length questions

20156point7

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a 14k gooseneck trailer, I am not sure what length would be best. I have talked to a lot of different people and they have said a 20+5 is all I need, but I have learned from past experience that its always better to buy a bigger trailer. All im going to be using it for is hauling my tractors from field to field and for hauling hay. I know a lot of you is going to say I need a tandem dual but im not going to be using it that often and I cant justify the price for one. I used a 15ft flatbed a lot this year and it is just way too short for my needs. im leaning more towards a 25+5.

sootie

Reaction score
nothing less than 20' on the flat part of the deck

Jomax

Reaction score
If going gooseneck. I'd run a 25+5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patricku47

Reaction score
I agree on a 25+5 or even a 27+5. I would rather have a little more trailer than I think I need than end up a little short.

04stroker

Reaction score
Another vote for 25+5. I have the a 25+5 gooseneck friend of mine had the 20 and the extra 5 feet makes a ton of difference of course we are mainly towing trucks. But I know I can load about any length truck I want and strap it down with ease.

RSK

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a 14k gooseneck trailer, I am not sure what length would be best. I have talked to a lot of different people and they have said a 20+5 is all I need, but I have learned from past experience that its always better to buy a bigger trailer. All im going to be using it for is hauling my tractors from field to field and for hauling hay. I know a lot of you is going to say I need a tandem dual but im not going to be using it that often and I cant justify the price for one. I used a 15ft flatbed a lot this year and it is just way too short for my needs. im leaning more towards a 25+5.

honestly i'd go 30+5, you'll find a use for the extra 5' no one ever says they bought a trailer too big and had too much room.

04stroker

Reaction score
The only thing to worry about there is driving. My 25+5 can be a handful depending on where I'm at. Just have to be careful what gas stations you pull into etc... once it gets to a certain point.

TyCorr

Reaction score
True but if you are pulling trailers often you'll take notice of where semis go and follow suit. Or you should lol

I wouldnt be buying a 20' trailer for anything especially a gn. 25+.

A 20' enclosed would be ok though. Totally different subject.

cmann250

Reaction score
How heavy is your equipment? I have an older trailer rated at 14k and my 4320 with a loader is probably too heavy for it. It's hard on the trailer.

My advice is wait if you can afford to. I found a year old 25+5 Sure Trac dual tandem for 60% of new price. The used market has become more reasonable since hydraulic tails are so popular.

20156point7

Reaction score
How heavy is your equipment? I have an older trailer rated at 14k and my 4320 with a loader is probably too heavy for it. It's hard on the trailer.

My advice is wait if you can afford to. I found a year old 25+5 Sure Trac dual tandem for 60% of new price. The used market has become more reasonable since hydraulic tails are so popular.

The heaviest tractor I would pull is 10-12k. I may just try to find a used tandem dual because I'm gonna be overloaded more times than not with the 14k trailer.

Latest posts

Members online