Tune anxiety...

SpyderX

Reaction score
Talked to the guys at No Limits today. They recommended the SCT X4. Comes with 4 tunes. Watched a guy on YouTube (power stoke help) and he says not to take off *** cause there is too much timing in the tunes. I'm confused.

These are the 4 tunes that comes with it.

Tow
Street
Hot Street
Race

Anyone running this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Powerstroke help guy is a retard, put the tunes on do your services and enjoy the truck. I have 100k on mine with 70k of it being tuned and the past 30k with it having a non vgt turbo the truck has been rock solid.

SpyderX

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Y'all are very helpful. New tires this week then ordering the tune next week.

SpyderX

Reaction score
Powerstroke help guy is a retard, put the tunes on do your services and enjoy the truck. I have 100k on mine with 70k of it being tuned and the past 30k with it having a non vgt turbo the truck has been rock solid.

What is a non vgt turbo??

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Tune classification has nothing to do with the Tow Mode, unless the tune specifically does certain things.
Most tunes, like the ones you are getting are classified by name for the power added. So a tow tune adds less power than say a street tune. It has nothing to do with putting the truck in tow haul or not.

SpyderX

Reaction score
Tune classification has nothing to do with the Tow Mode, unless the tune specifically does certain things.
Most tunes, like the ones you are getting are classified by name for the power added. So a tow tune adds less power than say a street tune. It has nothing to do with putting the truck in tow haul or not.

Thank you for the info. Learning a lot from everyone. This stuff is cool and very interesting. I've even thought about going to diesel mechanic school. I work in the medical field but I love learning how things work and would be cool to tinker on the side.

SpyderX

Reaction score
Got the tune goodies in and will be installing this Friday. Gonna make a video of the install since there isn't one that I can find with every step.