pip v8 tunes

brock1129

Reaction score
whats up everyone. im in a complicated situation here. My truck has been in and out of the shop for the last couple months. i thought i was having a fuel pump issue bc a tech claimed to find metal flakes in my return filter. the truck was tuned with the V7 performance at the time. My buddy being the service writer politely told me to return the truck to stock and take it somewhere else if a problem were to arise. that was back in november. i proceeded to drive the truck for a few more weeks bc it honestly was driving fine. early december while driving to work the truck popped up another low fuel warning and the pump started to whine. i returned the truck back to stock and had it towed in. Mind you the truck is a 2015 with 14k miles on the clock. I dont care if you think this is right or wrong. not where this story is going. after being at the shop ford fixed a couple misc issues that dealt with the stock parts going back on. Ford found no other issues with the truck. the truck seemed to drive ok. it is hard to tell going from tuned back to complete stock. Which absolutely blows. i had the truck for about 1000 miles when i had another cel light and reduced engine power warning. that was decemeber 18th. Took the truck back in and had them look at it.. They claimed the low fuel pressure cel was related to a MAF. Returned my truck again. Same thing.. truck seemed ok. Super bowl sunday night i take the truck to a buddies house about 2 miles away. Truck seemed a little sluggish but i figured it was due to the cold weather and defueling. when i got to my buddies house i could hear my pump whinning. watched the game miserably thinking about how i wasnt going to have my truck again. Started up fine but on the way home the truck def felt sluggish. right before my house there is a small hill so i decided to hit it... there was no power then a sudden lunge in power. Parked it and called ford roadside in the morning. This time the diesel tech was convinced something was in my tank. He was right. Somehow the foam piece from a diesel additive fell into my tank and was clogging the sump hole.. I dont have the slightest clue how that happened bc im usually very observant. So after that $600 tab i just received the truck back monday... Heres where my questions arise with the tune. Being impatient i decided to return the truck to tuned state. At first i installed the performance V7 tune. Truck seemed fine with it but i didnt really put to many miles on the truck. I had already got my V8 tunes but wasnt able to install them until today. After work today i loaded the V8 lvl 2 tune. After the loading completed i started the truck.. The truck started a little ruff with what seemed to be a short lope. maybe 3-5 seconds. after that it idled fine. I let the truck warm up for a little bit bc its only about 30 degrees here now. As soon as i pulled onto the highway my truck seemed to lunge and boost erratically. Shifts seemed to be playing a part also. i got the truck home gently. thinking ok well guess the pump is shot. on the back roads of my housing plan i decided to drive the truck a little more aggressively. This time it seemed a little better.. at low rpms the truck seems to drive around 10 psi.. but would surge upto about 15psi.
My question after that long story is - IS this normal? is the truck just learning the new tunes? is this how PIP mapped the boost? Shifts do seem a lot smoother but the turbo flares have me a little worried.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I've ran v8 for awhile and haven't noticed any of those problems. I'll definitely double check my fuel additive bottles from now on though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
First: What level of tune was it on before all this happened?
Second: Did they flush your fuel system from tank to injectors to make DAMN SURE there was no more foreign material in the system?
Third: Did you do a transmission relearn going from stock to tuned? A relearn is doing 25% throttle from 0-80mph then repeating this at 50%, 75%, and 100% throttle.

Latest posts

Members online