Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick......

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
:wtf:

Does anyone have any ideas? We are getting what sounds like a lifter noise on TWO trucks at the shop right now. They are both identical noises. I read the TSB from Ford that says there is a noise that is normal, however I find it very hard to believe that this is normal. It is very loud. It sounds like a lifter not pumping up. One of the trucks we had the valve covers off and checked all the rocker arms, ran a compression test, and found nothing. It is very hard to convince myself and our customers that this is normal. Has there been any lifter failures? Is that a possibility? I'd love to get some feedback on this if anyone has any. Thanks in advance!

BFT

Reaction score
I remember having this sound, it got a bit annoying. I thought the fan was hitting something. I heard it had something to do with the A/C compressor?

Edit: I don't have that problem anymore, I have about 75k

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
6.4. Both 2008 trucks

Did you guys just do headgaskets on these trucks?

If so check the little piece under the rocker arm that sits on the valve bridge the like to fall out and get lost when you take them off i have had it happen to two trucks now and look everytime now

Latest posts

Members online