Do strategys have to match?

Ronman

Reaction score
I had a coworker leave a gift for me today. He traded in his 6.7 and gave me his SCT X4 tuner. I hooked it up and noticed the canned tunes option is disabled. There are several custom tunes present. There's also an option that says load first. It is unlocked and unmarried. The strategy I read is different from what was on his truck.

Does this unit need anything updated, reprogrammed, etc? I've never used an SCT product and somewhat confused. I've tried searching but may not be using the correct criteria. Thanks.

08Monster

Reaction score
Long as his was a 11-14 and yours is too, or a 15-16 and yours is too, it'll work.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ronman

Reaction score
Both are 2015's. I called him and he thought I may need new tunes since the strategies don't match, but what I just read was that only the customs won't work. However, they appear to be accessible but the preinstalled aren't.

08Monster

Reaction score
The customs will work. My SCT has someone else's strategy and they work just fine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ronman

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'm waiting for him to bring me the intake and exhaust so give this a try.

Latest posts

Members online