Air bag setup

nickg3130

Reaction score
Looking to do air bags in the rear of my truck. Just looking for some input and pics from ur guys setups. Also should I get a compressor? If so where should I mount it? I think I might go with the ride rites. Thanks in advanced.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Not sure what your spare tire size is but if it is not usable any more, mount the compressor and tank where the spare tire sat. That is where mine is going when I do this mod.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Here is my setup.

8330960a.jpg

b684307a.jpg

c6cf9d44.jpg

e01eab58.jpg

d946f4ad.jpg

ad519be8.jpg

I just mounted my compressor under the drivers door.

Austin

Reaction score
If I were going to do an airbag setup, I would do those new firestones that replace the rear springs. It looks bad ass.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Jbone i like ur setup i might be doing something similar to yours. The spare also seems like a good idea but im not sure if i want to loose my spare in case of an emergency.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Jbone i like ur setup i might be doing something similar to yours. The spare also seems like a good idea but im not sure if i want to loose my spare in case of an emergency.

Thanks. I would never lose my spare. It has been a life saver on numerous cars that I have owned.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Does it matter if the compressor is open to the elements?

Well mine has been on the truck for about 6 years and I haven't had any issues. The compressors are pretty durable. I guess if you wanted you could fabricate a box to go around it.

Betarocker

Reaction score
I use the Firestone bag kit like the poster's before, but I flipped the frame bracket to work with my 5" lift springs.

I mounted my compressors to the outside of the frame rail under the passenger side door. The air tank is mounted on a custom bracket under the bed in front of the passenger side rear tire. The air horns are on the driver's side under the bed in front of the rear tire. I have a longbox though.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I use the Firestone bag kit like the poster's before, but I flipped the frame bracket to work with my 5" lift springs.

I mounted my compressors to the outside of the frame rail under the passenger side door. The air tank is mounted on a custom bracket under the bed in front of the passenger side rear tire. The air horns are on the driver's side under the bed in front of the rear tire. I have a longbox though.

Do you have any issues with the compressor or the filtration of it, getting covered in ice/snow or anything else coming off of the front tire?

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Any other bag setups? I need to get a set ordered for mine. Think I'm going to try the PacBrake setup, part number Hp10070. Anyone else used it?

air_suspension_kit.jpg

G Racing

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Firestone j link set up. Much bigger bags with a very soft spring. Looks like a nice kit and a lot better that the ride rite bags if you are looking for heavy towing that is. Just my opinion

Latest posts

Members online