ANOTHER BAD INJECTOR???

Tay5985

Reaction score
Changed out an injector about a month ago its been good since until the other day... it started having a slight misfire when first started and driven in the mornings... goes away once its warmed up... what would cause this? My fuel pressure holds steady at 62psi at idle and wont drop below 55psi at wide open throttle even on a race tune... any input would be appreciated.. Thanks

Spindrift

Reaction score
Was this a brand new injector or did you have your injectors reworked? More than likely a bad spool valve. A new Ford injector has all new internals, including new spool valves. Alliant injectors can be hit or miss as they will test an injector and if the spool valve is operating properly at the bench, it won't be changed out. If it was your injector and simply reworked by an injector builder, the spool valve could have been on its way out when you installed it. Be sure to check your harness as well.

turbie

Reaction score
my trucks been doing the samething! mine has all stock injectors, but i'm wondering if its because i've been running matt's srl and since its been cold, maybe sticking a little?

bad moose

Reaction score
I just turned down my truck for the winter. It seems that, when it starts to get cold out, I can't run extreme street. But agressive street runs fine all winter long. On extreme the truck starts rough till it warms up, then it's fine. I just don't like the rough starts so I run a step down. I run valvoline 5w40 extreme blue, and it has always been this way. When my injector went it did other cool stuff but starting really wasn't affected.

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Guys please do a search here and on PSN about Rev-x. It will CURE your woes about the cold starts.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Whats a treatment of Rev-X going for these days. I'd be willing to try it instead of HSS this time just to maintain clean injectors.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Guys please do a search here and on PSN about Rev-x. It will CURE your woes about the cold starts.
:whs:

In my case, it will also cure a high load miss if it is indeed injector related. My truck turns into a laggy, smokey, missing turd under higher load without this stuff.

Unless you have a severe mechanical or an electrical issue, Rev-X will do miracles for 6.0 injectors. I've dosed twice now. 25k+ miles and four oil changes apart. Each time has brought my sticks back from the dead.

Another factor to consider here is what type of oil your all using. Some oils, such a Shaefers<sp?> flat out don't agree with the 6.0.

Edit: My first dose of Rev-X wore off after about 20k miles. I think it's recommended every oil change, but I wanted to see how long the effects lasted. In my case, it lasted about 20k miles.

Last edited:

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Whats a treatment of Rev-X going for these days. I'd be willing to try it instead of HSS this time just to maintain clean injectors.
It's come down in price a bunch since it first came on the scene. I think Tim has it for ~$68 for two bottles these days. IIRC, the first dose I bought was around $90 from Innovative before Tim started selling it.

I would highly reccommend going with Tim. Great price and he gets it on it's way to you very quickly.

turbie

Reaction score
I know injectors are expensive and all but, damn!! 68 bucks for two small bottles of miracle oil additive seems kind of expensive when an oil change is around that price. that's 136 bucks every 3-5k. it shouldn't cost that much for an oil change. i would just change the tune. or plug in on cold nights

Last edited:

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Yes but you can double your oil change intervals in most cases with an oil analysis. Basically it pays for itself, or for that matter is cheper than not running it. I just changed my oil and it was 118.00 with filter and oil. 9200 miles on the oil and when I sent it in for an analysis it said it was still good for use.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I know injectors are expensive and all but, damn!! 68 bucks for two small bottles of miracle oil additive seems kind of expensive when an oil change is around that price. that's 136 bucks every 3-5k. it shouldn't cost that much for an oil change. i would just change the tune. or plug in on cold nights
You're getting some damn inexpensive oil changes if you're only paying around 70 bucks! I pay about the same as Dalpilot if I do it myself.

When you're sitting there looking at a $2000 bill for new injectors vs. a $70 bill for Rev-X, that $70 bill doesn't look so bad for something that in all likelyhood can extend the usefulness of your injectors by thousands of miles.

If it doesn't work? Well, you're only out 70 bucks and you either have something else going on, or your injecotrs are totally fubared.

And as I pointed out earlier, it's entirely possible that you might be able to skip dosing for a few oil changes.

Believe me, there few people out there more skeptical about "additives" than I am. But this stuff is worth it's weight in gold.

SILVERSTROKER250

Reaction score
I have to say the stuff is awsome. I was one of the original testers for it and it has been in my truck ever since. The first time i would run two bottles then after that just one bottle. Even in the race tune it starts like it 70 degrees out this is when it gets down to about 15 degrees i never plug my truck in when it gets cold now.

turbie

Reaction score
wow! that does sound pretty good, not only does it pay for itself in oil changes. it would pay for itself in electrical savings

Latest posts

Members online