Newb, am I screwed?!

Greginatl

Reaction score
Any help appreciated;
I just bought a '11 F250 6.7, it's lifted 6", 37" tires and Has DeePeeF pulled off but has EGR still. I was told it must have had a tuner before....but it was a repo then wholesale, then retail to me...so how do I know anything about what's tuned if anything. It's not super strong, doesn't smoke much if ever...so I know there's no race tune.
I want a decent tune, I pull a 21' bass boat a lot, and a 7000 lb camper....so I want a good tow tune that won't stain what I'm pulling with black soot. I'd love more power to play, and I'd love to see 15 mpg.
What are my options? Only H&S?!
Lastly, when I brake hard w/o towing the trans down shifts hard...is that normal?
GC

sootie

Reaction score
first thing i would do is get a decent tuner on there. An H&S mini maxx would be my best choice as multiple vendors can tune via MCC and it will overwrite whatever you have on there now.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Doesn't the truck need to be flashed to stock prior to flashing with a new or different tuner?

Wyo6.4KingRanch

Reaction score
IIRC, whenever MCC tuning is done to one of these trucks it does not matter the current state of the ECM as the programmer will rewrite the ECM to the new tune.

ckrueg

Reaction score
IIRC, whenever MCC tuning is done to one of these trucks it does not matter the current state of the ECM as the programmer will rewrite the ECM to the new tune.
Yep I loaded H&S tunes over an unknown d lete tune no problem

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1stock13

Reaction score
Any help appreciated;
I just bought a '11 F250 6.7, it's lifted 6", 37" tires and Has DeePeeF pulled off but has EGR still. I was told it must have had a tuner before....but it was a repo then wholesale, then retail to me...so how do I know anything about what's tuned if anything. It's not super strong, doesn't smoke much if ever...so I know there's no race tune.
I want a decent tune, I pull a 21' bass boat a lot, and a 7000 lb camper....so I want a good tow tune that won't stain what I'm pulling with black soot. I'd love more power to play, and I'd love to see 15 mpg.
What are my options? Only H&S?!
Lastly, when I brake hard w/o towing the trans down shifts hard...is that normal?
GC

Do you mean the truck has the entire re-gen system removed?

Latest posts

Members online