Brakes locking up

BigJDW

Reaction score
I've got a 95 drw that the breaks like to lock up on the first time i press them after start up, making the people at the end of road think I'm an a-hole cause i slide up to the stop sign every time.:fustrate: I've read on a bulletin that the liner or something can swell with moister over night. Don't know if that's it or not because it lock up once when i got of the interstate. The vacuum pump is also looking rusted and old... I could probably track down the problem with a little time but its been raining almost nonstop. I'm really just hoping someones had this problem and can me pin point it quickly.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
it could just be the bit of surface rust that accumulates overnight because of the moisture in the air. mine was doing that and i ended up replacing the calipers because one wasnt releasing all the way so i replaced them both to be equal. it wouldnt be the vac pump because it helps you stop. if it wasnt working you would have a hard time bringing it to a stop

BigJDW

Reaction score
Ya that's what i figured with the vacuum pump the thing that made me wonder was when i got off the interstate i slowed down by down shifting and didn't hit the brakes till i came up to the stop sign and almost slid threw it almost like it was over assisting.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
probably a sticky caliper. thats what mine was doing, take it for a spin dont get on the brakes any extra hard. after like 20 minutes get out and feel the hubs if there really hot you have an issue with the calipers

BigJDW

Reaction score
I took her for a cruise they staid cool guess ill just wait till it stops raining and tare into it... wish i had a garage and an impact, being broke is :lame:

BigJDW

Reaction score
Ya it was a dam seal on one side :fustrate: i saw wet marks but i ASSumed it was from the diesel leak making its way to the back... Which reminds me does any one have the specific pn for the axle seal?

Latest posts

Members online