making progress

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Finally got the truck on the dyno and the track this weekend, with a little dissapointment, but at the same time a good base to work from.

Dyno'd 550 something, smoked like crazy, sucked the air filter in, stuck the wastegate wide open, and had rail pressure issues (too high) Fixed all that and put it back on the rollers for a repeat number, couldnt get the big turbo to make more than 12psi on the dyno with total only at 38 psi (street is 60)

So a little dissapointed i took it to the track and ran 1/8 mile with a 8.08@85, i know, not that great, but the last time i ran the same track was three stages of nitrous, my single and it went 7.89@87, so fuel numbers are comming along, probably only about 650 right now, but im getting somewhere.

Found a big drive pressure leak between turbos, and i have a hunch that my resonator isnt allowing the big turbo to build boost fast enough, i still have SOOOOOO much fuel to clean up its retarded, so im definatly leaving alot on the table, ill try to get some vids posted soon

Also going to have to redesign my air filter inlet, found out the hard way that when the air filter gets wet, it doesnt flow any air, and in turn will suck in the air filter boot... no good for that. So either im going to have to turn the filter, or make a box around it or something.

here is a vid of all three runs

http://youtu.be/Pe74CT57rHc

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
Good to see you making process. Did you get the new lines for the cp3 or is it still running on one pump?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Good to see you making process. Did you get the new lines for the cp3 or is it still running on one pump?

ummm

Best thing i can say is, i shawn ellerton'd my lines for the previous set up to work, its not pretty but it worked, empire is still a couple weeks out on the machined fitting for the lines, so i was forced to get creative.

Matt

Reaction score
ummm

Best thing i can say is, i shawn ellerton'd my lines for the previous set up to work, its not pretty but it worked, empire is still a couple weeks out on the machined fitting for the lines, so i was forced to get creative.

Nice. Gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure the itch was just too much to wait.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Nice. Gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure the itch was just too much to wait.

Yeah exactly LOL
Keep it up man, I'm sure it'll come around.

Thanks man, like i said on the street if feels way better, but it also makes full boost on a long overdrive pull, just gotta get the big turbo to light much faster and i think ill have a winner

:whs:

I have no doubt.

Heaven forbid he's only making 650+ lol. I'm jealous...

LOL but i have the air for 800+

Dzchey21

Reaction score
and FWIW when i went to the track on the procharger a couple months ago i ran

8.70@77... same pumps and injectors

and before you guys all flame the times to stock turbos and what not remember these times all happen @6000 feet, most trucks up here run 13.7s some 13.5s but nothing much faster than that on just a tune.

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Good to see you making progress. Stick with it bro! It'll be all you hoped for with a little more time and tweaking.

Latest posts

Members online