Intermittent "lope" at idle

Stokt

Reaction score
I have experienced an odd rough idle four or five times in the last couple months. It sounds kind of like a lope tune and the truck shakes a bit. As soon as I put it in drive or touch the gas pedal it stops. I have noticed on my CTS2 that the injector timing jumps back and forth from around 2.5 to 4 when this happens and then levels out as soon as it stops.

Anybody know what it could be?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I have experienced an odd rough idle four or five times in the last couple months. It sounds kind of like a lope tune and the truck shakes a bit. As soon as I put it in drive or touch the gas pedal it stops. I have noticed on my CTS2 that the injector timing jumps back and forth from around 2.5 to 4 when this happens and then levels out as soon as it stops.

Anybody know what it could be?

Whose tuning? My early 2011 trucks had intermittent lope at idle when hot.

Stokt

Reaction score
Oh and it's only done it when I have just started it or shortly after.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I have an early 11, mine does it every so often. Always on a first start of the day. I remember it did it once when it was almost 80° out. Haven't had it do it in a while though. It comes and goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klarence Karter

Reaction score
Early 2011 here too. Mine also does rough idle on cold startup, mine goes away at about 130deg (when it does it). I have ******* tuning. I've talked to Jeff with *******, he says cold idle surge is normal with 2011-12my

6.7powerstrokeguy

Reaction score
my late 2011 also did it on stock all the way up to performance on h&s can tunes on the first start up of the day.It has not done in awhile.

Stokt

Reaction score
Sounds like it's fairly common and not too much to worry about. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a sign of a bigger issue. Thanks for the input guys.

Latest posts

Members online