Who tunes non-vgt turbo's with SCT?

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Just curious who does SCT tunes for the 6.7's with non-vgt turbos? Seems like most everyone uses the H&S as the base for tuning the non-vgt stuff. Thanks

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Just call no limit diesel, they can get you tuning from many different tuners on any platform.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
I had G ear H ead tunes for SCT on my nonVGT and now have their H&S tunes, the SCT tune is better. You can get them from Mike at No Limit.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I had G ear H ead tunes for SCT on my nonVGT and now have their H&S tunes, the SCT tune is better. You can get them from Mike at No Limit.

Thanks. I have their tunes on my H&S but it isn't very good. SCT tunes seem better for sure. So hopefully I can get a set of GH SCT tunes.

What turbo are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
I have the Industrial 64/68/14cm. Even with the SCT version of GH it had substantial lag over the OEM VGT. The lag seems less with the H&S version but not as much power between 1800 and 2500 and much more smoke. Not a lot but more than with the SCT. I know H&S has a non VGT tune out there that is supposed to be really good, just have to find someone who has it and I'm pretty sure there is a forum member that does. I am going to call Midwest when I'm ready to spend the $ for another tune and see if they can't some up with something better. I did contact Industrial to see who they used for tuning on their test mule and they told me it was GH and they got 600 on stock CP4.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I have the Industrial 64/68/14cm. Even with the SCT version of GH it had substantial lag over the OEM VGT. The lag seems less with the H&S version but not as much power between 1800 and 2500 and much more smoke. Not a lot but more than with the SCT. I know H&S has a non VGT tune out there that is supposed to be really good, just have to find someone who has it and I'm pretty sure there is a forum member that does. I am going to call Midwest when I'm ready to spend the $ for another tune and see if they can't some up with something better. I did contact Industrial to see who they used for tuning on their test mule and they told me it was GH and they got 600 on stock CP4.

Very gracious dyno then honestly

I'd love to see a real 11-14 pump make 580 let alone 600. There just isn't the fueling there, with real world numbers. Throw in a slutty correction factor, and I can see it.

Let me know if you have any questions about Morgan's tuning.

f100cleveland

Reaction score

I'd love to see a real 11-14 pump make 580 let alone 600. There just isn't the fueling there, with real world numbers. Throw in a slutty correction factor, and I can see it.

Morgan only tunes H&S, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score

Why does it have to be a slutty correction factor? Why can't it be a nice correction factor?

Profiler. :poke:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i always say 530-540 max on 11-14 pump. it's stayed pretty true over the years .

doo dah

Reaction score

I don't believe for a second that I am pushing 600, I'd be surprised if I was at 500. Until I get the transmission figured out I'm not throwing any more fuel at it. When I am ready I'll call you guys and get something worked out. I need to hit a local dyno to see what it does and where it may be lacking in the HP/TQ curve to see if there is even anything left in it. I was ready to upgrade LPFP and dual fuel but now I need to spend the money on a truck to pull a 5th wheel, mine it too tall :fustrate: