Poppet valves??

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've had a problem that has been creeping up on me. When I start the truck cold, it idles fine, but once it warms up a little bit(around 100*) the idle starts jumping around and won't settle until the truck gets hotter(170-180*). While it's doing this, the ICP will continuously jump up and down from ~600psi to ~700psi and back down again. If I rev the engine just a little bit to 900 RPMs or more, ICP is stable and it doesn't jump around, but as soon as I let it idle again, it acts stupid again..

I haven't had time to pull the valve covers to check the oil coming out of the injectors since I've been knee deep in trying to finish another project. The UVCHs look good and one of them has been replaced. New ICP didn't change anything and neither did the CPS when I got rid of the grey one for an IH sensor. I'm fairly certain it's the injectors doing it, but since it idles fine when you first start it and when it's hot, I'm not sure. The injectors have probably 80k miles since being built to stage 2's using a DIY kit from Jim. They supposedly only had around 15k miles on them before that. Oh and the truck they used to be in ended up cracking a block, so they had some water run through them about 50k miles ago and the engine was run for about 5-10 miles that way, but they ran perfect after we cleaned them up and put them in my truck. Just wanted to get your thoughts until I have time to tear into it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.