How much wieght do you tow with your OBS?

PsRumors

Reaction score
I know what the manual says but would like to hear just how much weight people are actually towing with their OBS and the configuration of the truck and trailer (GN, BP).

My brother owns a Bobcat I like to borrow but the weight with the trailer, a little over 13k, is more than my truck is rated for so he always delivers. It would be nice to just go pick it up every once in a while.

Redpower

Reaction score
With my F-350 DRW I've towed 15k on GN a couple times and 9k bumper several times. Truck was basically stock then. I think the truck pulls heavy loads a lot better with the GN.

JD3020

Reaction score
We towed roughly 15k lbs regularly with our old ECLB F-250. 24ft GN, trencher, and vibratory plow. Towed that all over on the highway and it towed good. We also hauled well over 18k lbs with loads of hay or straw on the GN. Thats not counting the truck weight, which i believe was 7500lbs. Not sure how much we hauled bumper pull, but i'd say it had to be close to 10k lbs easy when we would have a heavy trailer and a mini excavator on it. That was all with 285/75 Dayton Timberline M/T's.

We rarely pay attention to ratings, just sorta use em as a guideline.

ytee

Reaction score
With my camper I gross at 19,950 lbs. My truck weighs right at 8500 lbs with me in it. I towed a Cat skid loader of my friends several times, trailer and skid loader would go about 17,000 lbs so with truck I would have been around 25,500. Actually the loader was easier to tow than my camper, guess because it doesn't have the frontal area of the camper.

Chris

tjl

Reaction score
The only thing I tow is my camper. It is a bumper pull and weighs 10k. My truck's a CC dually with a 5 speed.

Latest posts

Members online