helper/overload springs.

mooring product

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading my overload springs so when I load my truck camper the truck doesn't sage as much.

I have stable loads and air bags on the truck and it handles fine but the truck is ass heavy. If I add more air the sway becomes worse.

My idea was to add another factory overload spring onto the existing one but I then saw an older Ford with heavier spring.

Does anyone know if the F450/550 have a heavier overload spring? Should I just pickup a F350 overload and double them?

mooring product

Reaction score
Add an anti-swaybar.

Just a question, do you have each bag with their own inflation, or are they connected together?

Truck has a 350 sway bar.

Each bag is plumbed separate.

Airbags arn't good for truck campers it seems. They lift the suspension off the overloads, creating sway. The overload springs are soft and don't create enough lift when in contact.

Spoke with Doug (PSDPLAYER) about finding some 450 or 550 double overloads and trying that.

As I fix one problem I encounter another. Need a short bed dually to solve all my problems..

Betarocker

Reaction score
Helwig offers a much more robust anti-swaybar.

Which style airbag mount do you have? Bracket mounted on the outside of frame and centered over leaf, or mounts under frame an on top of jounce stop? I would surmize that the first style would be the better choice as it widens the carrying structure.

mooring product

Reaction score
I have the Firestones that mount inside the leaf to the axle. I agree with the bags mounted over the leaf would help a little.

My next mod is tires. I have wide 325/60 and will be going to a 295/70 with a higher weight rating. Nitto Trails have a 4080lbs weight at 80psi. Will see.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
make a 2" spacer and bolt to your top overloads at each end where it meets the frame stops..will help.
Deaver rear mini spring packs will help even more...Pm me.

Members online

No members online now.