Replacing Window Motor..

Atsah

Reaction score
My driverside motor is gone and I wonder what I'm in for.. Anyone give me any tips? I have never had taken the panel off the door..

co04cobra

Reaction score
2 7mm bolts. One behind pw/pl switches. One behind the red reflector. Lift panel straight up put it to the side. 4 6mm head bolts and remove the speaker. Then there is 3 8mm head bolts on the window motor that you can see through provided holes gold colored heads. Unplug the motor and pull it out. Make sure when you put the new one in it lines up with the regulator so it doesnt strip the teeth.

Atsah

Reaction score
2 7mm bolts. One behind pw/pl switches. One behind the red reflector. Lift panel straight up put it to the side. 4 6mm head bolts and remove the speaker. Then there is 3 8mm head bolts on the window motor that you can see through provided holes gold colored heads. Unplug the motor and pull it out. Make sure when you put the new one in it lines up with the regulator so it doesnt strip the teeth.

Perfect.. I guess the new motor has a new regulator mounted to it. $51.00 at the dealer, I was pretty surprized..

co04cobra

Reaction score
Not sure, I would be very surprised if it had the regulator with it also. It would be a little different if you pull the whole regulator out. Even if it does have it. I would pull the motor off and just put it in.

Atsah

Reaction score
Not sure, I would be very surprised if it had the regulator with it also. It would be a little different if you pull the whole regulator out. Even if it does have it. I would pull the motor off and just put it in.

Okay, it definitely has the reg with it.. The parts guy said that's how come now..:shrug:

co04cobra

Reaction score
That is dirt cheap for $51 to get both. If you want to put the regulator in. IIRC its 4 10mm bolts and then unbolt it from the glass by rolling the window half way down until you can see the bolts holding it to the glass. Make sure if you do this to support the glass some how.

Atsah

Reaction score
That is dirt cheap for $51 to get both. If you want to put the regulator in. IIRC its 4 10mm bolts and then unbolt it from the glass by rolling the window half way down until you can see the bolts holding it to the glass. Make sure if you do this to support the glass some how.

Okay, thanks for your help.. I'm planning on doing it in the morning, I'll take my time..

Atsah

Reaction score
Ya I should have put it in the general section.. No big deal, I recieved the help I needed.. Thanks guys..

Atsah

Reaction score

Thanks for your help.. It wasn't bad at all, a couple of hours including a few coffee breaks and it was done..

Latest posts

Members online