hard shifts after losing weight normal?

BoostedFX4

Reaction score
Quick question, my 2015 just had weight loss surgery, ppei ezlynk with kory willis tuning. only put about 40 miles on her so far but 6th gear doensnt seem to want to engage till 60+, and shifting is pretty darn firm, absolutely slams into gear when my foots in it . Is this something that will get better as the transmission relearns? thanks!

mikeeg02

Reaction score
If I remember right, the way to expedite the relearn is to go out and

From a complete stop
apply ~25% throttle until the truck hits 80 mph. Make complete stop.
apply ~50% throttle until the truck hits 80 mph. Make complete stop.
apply ~100% throttle until the truck hits 80 mph. Make complete stop.

After that drive normally

We had a 6.7 that got work done and tuned, and the driver complained it shifted hard. I drove it and agreed. When I did the 15 turbo swap, I disconnected the batteries, and once I got it all back together, I immediately did the above steps. Truck has shifted flawlessly since. I read the above procedure somewhere, I cant remember where now though.

EDIT: Found the link. In the H+S mini maxx street

http://www.venomusa.biz/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2011-2013-6.7L-FORD-POWERSTROKE-.pdf

BoostedFX4

Reaction score
I wanted to give a update on this in case someone has a similar issue. Turns out during the tuning process I chose a tune that had second gear torque converter lock up enabled, under normal acceleration it was fine, but under WOT it was excessively hard. Retuned without 2nd gear lock up and all is well.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
What's the advantage to having it lock up in 2nd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk