Need advice

Kenz

Reaction score
I have read lots of info about ******* and PPEI with the EZLynk, but can't seem to make up my mind. I currently have a 2011 with GH tunes on SCT X4, EGR Del**te, and Banks Ram Air. The GH tunes aren't bad, but I feel like there is better out there and I really want SOTF. I do a fair amount of city driving so I need something that is for the daily driver. I am not looking for the highest dyno numbers just something that will run good and have a nice trans tune. I wish there was a way to try both of them, but I know that is impossible to I am hoping to here from someone that maybe has tried both.

Sullys450

Reaction score
I've tried Spar Tan, Tyrant and PPEI.

Tyrant is great but does not currently offer shift on the fly. PPEI is good too. Seems to be cleaner, shifts are good and the EB works. EZ Lynk may be just what I've been looking for with the ability to use my phone for gauges when I feel the need.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have read lots of info about ******* and PPEI with the EZLynk, but can't seem to make up my mind. I currently have a 2011 with GH tunes on SCT X4, EGR Del**te, and Banks Ram Air. The GH tunes aren't bad, but I feel like there is better out there and I really want SOTF. I do a fair amount of city driving so I need something that is for the daily driver. I am not looking for the highest dyno numbers just something that will run good and have a nice trans tune. I wish there was a way to try both of them, but I know that is impossible to I am hoping to here from someone that maybe has tried both.

give me a call and i think i can answer most of your questions.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I've tried a few and currently doing some testing on all of them as well. The gh tunes were nice, clean, and good power. The tyrant tunes were clean, had ex brake, better power, and awesome trans tuning. Ppei on the ez lynk has very good trans tuning, clean, nice platform, and so far feels the strongest by far after my revisions. FYI, gh and tyrant was on mcc. I'll also be trying one more option next week. I don't think you will go wrong with any of these options though and all have good support and service.

O and bigr^^ will take care of you on anything you need :thumbup:

Last edited:

Kenz

Reaction score
I've tried a few and currently doing some testing on all of them as well. The gh tunes were nice, clean, and good power. The tyrant tunes were clean, had ex brake, better power, and awesome trans tuning. Ppei on the ez lynk has very good trans tuning, clean, nice platform, and so far feels the strongest by far after my revisions. FYI, gh and tyrant was on mcc. I'll also be trying one more option next week. I don't think you will go wrong with any of these options though and all have good support and service.

O and bigr^^ will take care of you on anything you need :thumbup:

Have you tried Sp*rtan? Like the thought of having an exhaust brake. How was the trans shifting with PPEI compared to GH?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Spar tan is one of the next ones I'll try. I got 2 sets of tunes from tyrant and the ex brake set works great. As far as trans tuning goes gh was good, tyrant was better, and ppei is as good or better than all thus far.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Can Spart-ans sotf dial be used with their ez lynk files? I heard that the sotf is better using the dial, it changes more than just the injection duration between tunes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Can Spart-ans sotf dial be used with their ez lynk files? I heard that the sotf is better using the dial, it changes more than just the injection duration between tunes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sure can. we sell that setup often .

Coloboxers

Reaction score
I'm kinda in same boat, running minimaxx canned tunes, well their trans tune seems kinda rough, will that hurt my truck? Should I go back to stock trans tune, or will that hurt it more? I'd like to get some custom tunes but have baby on the way...

Kenz

Reaction score
I have heard ppei has exhaust brake in the 11-14. Does Spar tan? Does the exhaust brake make a big difference?

Members online

No members online now.