Deere 404 or 466 in an OBS?

Sodbuster Jr.

Reaction score
Ok so I have grown up around Deere equipment my whole life, and have tossed around this idea for awhile. I realize anything is possible, but has anybody of heard of this before? I figure it would be a similar swap to a 12 valve into an OBS. Just kinda lookin for some input.

444 ci

Reaction score
if im not mistaken theres a guy up in urbana ohio that put a john deere 466 in a 86 ford 4x4 and pulls it. look on youtube his trucks name is just bucking around it pretty insane.

Bair

Reaction score
Mind if I bring this one back? I was just gonna start a thread about this when I came across yours. I'm tired of all th cummings swaps an thought something like this would be cool. I used to own a 88 250 with a Deere 6414 that my BIL swapped in. It was sorta a farmer swap but it always ran good for me. For some odd reason they stuck a 5 speed manual out of a 6.5 Chevy behind it. Said that was th strongest they knew of at th time. Held up well for me with a heavy clutch. I think they said the gearing was a pain to figure out because of th low rpms. I loved th truck and had torque like crazy. I bought it from him for 2500 with a blown head gasket. Did that and ran it for half a year an sold it to a work buddy for 6000. I'll have to see if I can get pictures of it. There's a Zimmeys Tractor Repair in shaefferstown, pa that was sorta the inspiration for him to do this. They have one or two trucks with Deere engines in them. One uses the 8.1 liter I believe.

Latest posts

Members online