PowerMax question.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Well my stocker is on its way out and I want to do a PowerMax. Right now I have a 03 turbo and pedestal but was wondering if there was any differences between the 03 Pmax or a 04 up Pmax besides the mounting pedestal. Also I thought I read some where that this turbo is less likely to stick than a stocker any truth behind this?
Thanks
Nick

DSTRBD

Reaction score
The turbos are the exact same, only the mounting is different as previously mentioned.

We have not had a single issue with the PowerMax turbos, if they had an issue with "sticking," we definitely would have heard about it by now.

Let us know if we can help with one, they are on the shelf, ready to go.

chappy

Reaction score
Only bad thing about them is it makes the truck about as laggy as it was stock before tunes. If you have bigger injectors I'msure that would take care of it.

chappy

Reaction score
yep feels as laggy as a stock non tuned truck. Everyone else ive talked to has the same problem. 6.0's just seem laggy period though compared o my old 7.3. The bottom end just isn't there.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Only bad thing about them is it makes the truck about as laggy as it was stock before tunes. If you have bigger injectors I'msure that would take care of it.

even with my tuning? if so we need to talk and maybe revise your files.

chappy

Reaction score
Well The only thing I can come up with is the convertor is to tight. I have no idea what stall the suncoast is thats in the truck. If you guys have stock convertors maybe it alows enough slip to spool it easy where mine won't. I Know Dustin(dustbal8504) on here said it did great with either elites or innovatives smaller turbo with stock injectors.

chappy

Reaction score
Well matt (gearhead) sent me a more aggressive vgt tune and it reacts a lot better. I am happy with the pmax now . He also suggesed I try plugging the egr back in since on some trucks it makes the vgt sluggish.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Well matt (gearhead) sent me a more aggressive vgt tune and it reacts a lot better. I am happy with the pmax now . He also suggesed I try plugging the egr back in since on some trucks it makes the vgt sluggish.

Thats good that Matt got you squared away. I haven't read where anyone was disappointed with their Powermax. IMO its the best bang for your buck since you just install and go.

Last edited:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Guys. If you want to sell something, please start a thread in the appropriate classified section.

Thanks.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thats good that Matt got you squared away. I haven't read where anyone was disappointed with their Powermax. IMO its the best bang for your buck since you just install and go.

You really feel this way? I think we need more bolt on options different fromt he powermax. I just dont think it cuts it as well as i might like it to. Mind you i dont own one, just guessing.

DSTRBD

Reaction score
What else can you expect from an aftermarket performance turbo that flows more than stock and is a direct bolt-in?

Latest posts

Members online