Pro charger with Tow powers or Tow-X trubos

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Got this idea bouncing around in my head, Im not big into supercharging diesels for some reason but this seems pretty appealing to me. anyone think this setup could push enough CFM for the 750-800hp range? pretty sure it could easily with towXs. what you guys think?

superstroked

Reaction score
Sorry off topic but, how big of a difference was there in the transmission with just the converter swap ?

I think DZchev should be able to answer your questions on the supercharger.

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Why would you want to do that? You don't have spool up issues with either turbo setup, so that aspect of the pro-charger is eliminated. Why not spend the money on high powers and add the fuel necessary to make 750. You could easily keep it clean with tuning. Your also going to get great spool up out of the high powers. Just sounds like a waste to me.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
I just kinda like the uniqueness of it, not really that interested. possible triple turbo setup with tow powers?

BFT

Reaction score
the pro charger thing still needs a lot of work and seemed to be more work then what it was worth.

someone is trying a triple with the stock turbos but is battling some fuel issues (pump, injectors or what not)

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
the pro charger thing still needs a lot of work and seemed to be more work then what it was worth.

someone is trying a triple with the stock turbos but is battling some fuel issues (pump, injectors or what not)

Jon has the modded Industrial turbos on his truck. Not sure what he is using as the big charger, but I think it's a pretty large S400.

BFT

Reaction score
Jon has the modded Industrial turbos on his truck. Not sure what he is using as the big charger, but I think it's a pretty large S400.

i thought it was the stockers with the industrial pump?
if thats the case then the OP should know once he gets it running

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Man if someone came up with a triple turbo kit that would be sick. then again you could always build it how you like.

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
My truck should be running by Sunday. I'm just finishing putting the injectors in now. But I still have to drop and clean the tank.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
3 stages of turbocharging is rather dumb. Just go 2 stages with triples, 2 primaries and a secondary, it's already proven on other engines.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
I may be totally off but Im just kinda comparing things to centrifugal blown mustangs (Vortech, Procharger) which im kinda familiar with but I could see there being an advantage stomping the skinny pedal at freeway speeds and towing at higher speed (rpm's) because you going to be constantly boosting, like 08stroker said though with how fast these stockers and modded turbos spool it gonna be hard to make any huge improvements..All gonna depend on the pulley I guess. couple vids of procharged 6.0s on the tube they look like the run pretty well. still thinkin it would be cool to do things a little different and have a high hp truck with a blower..

Matt

Reaction score
If you did do a procharger, I would recommend doing a cogged set up like Danny is having done to his 6.0.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah didnt Dustin (dzchey21) have trouble with the blower belt slipping?

Yup...

But I think it would work. I have a bracket for sale...

Tripple compounds would work with low.pressure high frm from the atmosphere.
. Sounds perfect fir a procharger

Sent from my DROIDX

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Sorry off topic but, how big of a difference was there in the transmission with just the converter swap ?

I think DZchev should be able to answer your questions on the supercharger.

Big difference with just the converter, a fully built trans wasnt in the budget at the time so i just did the converter.. that was 30,000 miles ago and all is well, although not ideal I would do it again.

Latest posts

Members online