turbo, turbo, turbos....

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Thinking about turbos for my street truck, I can't think of a better option than my tow powers.

Zero tow powers have failed.
Wicked fast spool up
60psi.
Great for city traffic.

Quick spool up is more important than most I see acknowledge. Driving in the city as i do, if I had bad turbo lag every "Omar Obama" driver would have wacked my truck by now.

I see max powers failures at max cost.

Discuss..... Best street truck turbos....

Sent from my phone, excuse typos

BFT

Reaction score
depends on your need and use of your truck. the ones we put on mikes work real well with stock fuel

BFT

Reaction score
no sir. HP turbos and an air dog 165 when we first did the testing.

now its an added cam and gears but it felt a bit better with the stock cam and 373s

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
high powers with stock fuel... absolutely blow away my tow powers.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
they light much faster than my tow powers. i went to 3:55 and a losser exhaust housing ,it hurt spoolup a hair ...but it still lights ultra fast and i basically drive around smoke free all the time, no matter where my foot is in the throttle.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Another vote for High Powers. Spool fast as hell, I have a lot more fuel than Mike but only smokes if you really get on it. Or if under the turbos, but that we all know. Mine should be more smoke free when I get some custom tunes for it from Haller's. It is a very streetable truck, on yours would even be better with the lighter weight and less rolling mass.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
It\ sounds like the wastegate needs to be dialed in perfect. Any preset parameters for the gates?

As for minimal smoke and making big power, someone with Max powers should try some 100% over injectors and custom tuning with short PW. I’m thinking maximum burn within the bowl.

I would like to try it but that might be too much for the TP's.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It\ sounds like the wastegate needs to be dialed in perfect. Any preset parameters for the gates?

As for minimal smoke and making big power, someone with Max powers should try some 100% over injectors and custom tuning with short PW. I’m thinking maximum burn within the bowl.

Aaron did that test tonight in his drag truck. Made 996 with the gates opening early because they were set for spray.

My gate opens early as well, because I have mine set for wot runs ... With cam and 3.55's it still makes 600 at 3700 rpms or 145mph.

Last edited:

mike@haller's

Reaction score

As for minimal smoke and making big power, someone with Max powers should try some 100% over injectors and custom tuning with short PW. I&#146;m thinking maximum burn within the bowl.

I agree on the injector idea, ill bet it would work great. As far as turbos ive gotta agree on the high powers being wicked, but the cost makes em a hard sell for the average guy. I wanna see a 62mm in the valley with an 80mm remote mounted like dustins. But by the time you move everything to make that work your not far off the price of high powers.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree on the injector idea, ill bet it would work great. As far as turbos ive gotta agree on the high powers being wicked, but the cost makes em a hard sell for the average guy. I wanna see a 62mm in the valley with an 80mm remote mounted like dustins. But by the time you move everything to make that work your not far off the price of high powers.

you know how quick mine spool... ive yet to ever see a set spool that fast, in any truck.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
I like the sound of all that bottom end power. That would make street driving a dream come true.

I might test 100-150% injectors. I'm sure I will find out what the tow powers can do. Right now my 110's almost clean up.

Latest posts

Members online