A few questions about the '17s

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
I bought a '17 lariat a couple months back, and I have a couple questions.

First off, mine does not have the homelink, not sure why a dealer would order a vehicle without it, but whatever. Does anyone know if its possible to add? I have 9 garage doors that I keep openers for, and it would be nice to get rid of one of my remotes.

Secondly, the ambient lighting. it looks like the leds are in the overhead console, and the book says you set them through the screen, if equipped, but I cant find it anywhere. Im not sure if you have the get the lariat ultimate package to get that?

The factory remote start. Is there a way to turn off the timer?

The biggest complaint I have is, while having my iphone connected to the bloothtooth, but not actually using my phone as an audio source, just listening to the radio, I get no notification alerts. My phone will not ring, the only way I can tell I got a call or text is if I look at the phone. If I am using my phone as an audio source, I will get my alerts through the speaker system.

Other than that, I love the truck. Im just waiting for carli to come out with the backcountry 2.0 setup and the ******s and tuning to come about. I towed a v10 4door superduty this past sunday, and it was crazy how well it handled it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I bought a '17 lariat a couple months back, and I have a couple questions.

First off, mine does not have the homelink, not sure why a dealer would order a vehicle without it, but whatever. Does anyone know if its possible to add? I have 9 garage doors that I keep openers for, and it would be nice to get rid of one of my remotes.

Secondly, the ambient lighting. it looks like the leds are in the overhead console, and the book says you set them through the screen, if equipped, but I cant find it anywhere. Im not sure if you have the get the lariat ultimate package to get that?

The factory remote start. Is there a way to turn off the timer?

The biggest complaint I have is, while having my iphone connected to the bloothtooth, but not actually using my phone as an audio source, just listening to the radio, I get no notification alerts. My phone will not ring, the only way I can tell I got a call or text is if I look at the phone. If I am using my phone as an audio source, I will get my alerts through the speaker system.

Other than that, I love the truck. Im just waiting for carli to come out with the backcountry 2.0 setup and the ******s and tuning to come about. I towed a v10 4door superduty this past sunday, and it was crazy how well it handled it.

the ambient lighting is in the menu on the screen , just scrol to find it and it comes up with colors and then set your level .

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
the ambient lighting is in the menu on the screen , just scrol to find it and it comes up with colors and then set your level .

iv scrolled through it multiple times and cant find anything. my friends xlt f150 can change the remote start duration on his screen, but I cant seam to find that either.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
iv scrolled through it multiple times and cant find anything. my friends xlt f150 can change the remote start duration on his screen, but I cant seam to find that either.

weird. mine is on the screen. you have sync3 ? what color do you have now ?

Jmuck

Reaction score
Home link is easy to add, any restyling should be able to add.

Sounds like yours doesn't have the ambient lighting option.

The remote start settings are in your settings menu in the dash screen.

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
Home link is easy to add, any restyling should be able to add.

Sounds like yours doesn't have the ambient lighting option.

The remote start settings are in your settings menu in the dash screen.

What's the skinny on the homelink?

And what are the chances that the lighting package is just a unlock or a different version of the software? With what appears to be leds, I'm assuming it's cheaper to make them all have the leds and the same wiring harness, than to retool.

Jmuck

Reaction score
Home link is a 3 button piece that looks just like the factory one in the driver visor.

Here's a quick vid I just took to show you access to the ambient lighting.
http://s901.photobucket.com/user/muckinaround/media/1F3D931C-81F0-41A8-A374-2CE166F1E739_zpsjieqk7zh.mp4.html

The remote start can only be switched to 15 minutes tops. Also when left idling, they will automatically shutoff even when running with the key.

To get text alerts your phone will have to be plugged in to one of the USB port to access the car play function.

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
Home link is a 3 button piece that looks just like the factory one in the driver visor.

Here's a quick vid I just took to show you access to the ambient lighting.
http://s901.photobucket.com/user/muckinaround/media/1F3D931C-81F0-41A8-A374-2CE166F1E739_zpsjieqk7zh.mp4.html

The remote start can only be switched to 15 minutes tops. Also when left idling, they will automatically shutoff even when running with the key.

To get text alerts your phone will have to be plugged in to one of the USB port to access the car play function.

http://www.mito-auto.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=9

Here's a link to the Mito Homelink system I've always used for customers.
Thanks for the reply guy. My screen sync screen only has 2 pages to swipe through instead of the 3 like yours does. So mine must not have it.

I think I'm going to order a homelink like in the link provided. How hard is it to get it to work? Is the transmitter part of the button assembly?

Nevermind, I just noticed the v5 modual that I need for it.

Jmuck

Reaction score
Everything is built into the housing. Comes with three different color shrouds. Just needs power and ground.

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
I hate how the Bluetooth takes away my phone notifications too lol

Yeah I stopped using my Bluetooth all together. My friend has a 16 f150 and a 14f150, the 14 does the same bull**** with the Bluetooth as my 17, his 15 is like it should be

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.