FordPass

Badlands_Biker

Reaction score
Hey all, picked up my '17 platinum lastnight and finally got time to sit down and play with the electronics in the new rig, can't seem to figure anything out with the fordpass system. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey all, picked up my '17 platinum lastnight and finally got time to sit down and play with the electronics in the new rig, can't seem to figure anything out with the fordpass system. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

what is fordpass ?

Powerage

Reaction score
Need Sync connect for fordpass to work. Superduty doesn't have it. Only like 3 vehicles in the lineup have it at the moment. Pretty sure anyway

Badlands_Biker

Reaction score
Need Sync connect for fordpass to work. Superduty doesn't have it. Only like 3 vehicles in the lineup have it at the moment. Pretty sure anyway

You are correct, I finally got through to the sync team and they told me I needed the titanium edition super duty... told them it doesn't exist and they replied "oh well that's not my department"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
The 80k pickup does not have it but the 35k Escape does. Lol

While I find that humorous, I can understand it...people are gonna buy the 80k truck anyway. What I find more humorous is the experts not being aware that it doesn't come in the SD at all. I'm also wondering what it actually does. I looked at the link, and still don't really see the use in it.

Jomax

Reaction score
Ford was always funny like that.

My brothers fully loaded 2016 navigator has less tech options then a loaded 2016 explorer....

Badlands_Biker

Reaction score
Yeah... sticker price of $95000 Canadian for my truck, good thing I ordered during employee pricing! Figured when they charge that much for a vehicle it would have all the bells and whistles but that's too much to ask for. FordPass gives you a gps location to your vehicle, remote start, remote unlock, mobile notification for the security system, and other features. I figured this would be better than onstar as the trial period for the fordpass is 5 years then a cheap subscription after that. I recently had my '14 f250 stolen from the dealership and our company tracks us through gps, I'd tell you I hate being tracked normally but having it when I found out the truck was stolen sure was handy! Guy was still driving it when the cops were notified but of course he got away on foot. Who knows where the truck would've ended up without being tracked though

JRLott

Reaction score
Ok. Guess that's...cool. I did notice I would be able to check my fuel level from my phone...which would be only slightly handier than looking on my phone to find the nearest crapper in my house. GPS tracking would be useful as hell if truck was stolen, unless said thief had a $20 mobile signal blocking apparatus. The other stuff...ok...great...and that's exactly why it's not on the SD yet. The majority of the people who buy SDs wouldn't give two ****s about it...yet. It'll eventually get there. Just like push button start. My wife's 2013 Highlander has it, but SD owners had to wait until 2017. I'd love to heave pushbuttin start, but I wouldn't trade my remote start for her push button start.

Last edited:

morepower02

Reaction score
Ok. Guess that's...cool. I did notice I would be able to check my fuel level from my phone...which would be only slightly handier than looking on my phone to find the nearest crapper in my house. GPS tracking would be useful as hell if truck was stolen, unless said thief had a $20 mobile signal blocking apparatus. The other stuff...ok...great...and that's exactly why it's not on the SD yet. The majority of the people who buy SDs wouldn't give two ****s about it...yet. It'll eventually get there. Just like push button start. My wife's 2013 Highlander has it, but SD owners had to wait until 2017. I'd love to heave pushbuttin start, but I wouldn't trade my remote start for her push button start.

Remote start from anywhere is nice when your in the ice fishing house and drove the wheeler out when your car is at the landing a mile away.