Torque specs needed

psdguy95

Reaction score
Whats the torque spec on the front hub nuts? I'm doing my brakes tomorrow and i want to make sure everything is tight. Thanks in advance.

Chris

G Racing

Reaction score
Once you get the bearings and rotor back on tighten the inner lock nut to 50 lb ft while turning the rotor. Once you hit 50 lb ft back it off about 90 degrees. Install the lock washer and tighten the inner lock nut enough to align the pin to the nearest lock washer hole. You can flip the washer over to get a closer hole for the pin if you have to. After that install the outer lock nut and tighten to 160-205 lb ft. It should only take 20 lb in to turn the rotor assembly once completed. Hope that helped you.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Ok two more questions. When you say 160-205lb does that mean torque it to 160 first and then 205? And when you say it should only take 20lb to turn it how would I check that?

Reaction score
The 160-205 ft-lb range is just a rangle (anywhere in there is good). For the 20 inch-lb hub turning torque, set your inch-lb torque wrench to 20 inch-lb and try to turn the hub. if it clicks before it rotates, there is too much resistance. I had to configure something to "adapt" the torque wrench to the rotor, but for the life of me I can't remember what I actually did (it was fairly easy though). Cheers!