Oil leak

kramarj

Reaction score
I have looked through almost every thread i could about oil leaks and haven't come up with anything. The oil is coming out of the inspection plate on the tranny and a weep hole above the starter. The valley is dry. This isn't a bad leak at all a few drips overnight, it really isn't a big deal, but driving me crazy. My question is: is it possible that the oil galley plug is leaking even though it doesn't feel oily? Or is it possible that the fuel line going into the back of the head is leaking and looks like oil? Any other ideas?

MossBack

Reaction score
It is common for the water separator on the side of the fuel bowl to leak. Mine does and its the orings that leak.

sent from my iPhone killer

ytee

Reaction score
If it was anyhting to do with the fuel bowl his valley would not be dry. I would look with a mirror under and around the back of the turbo pedestal, there are o rings there that are known to leak. I would also try to look at the back of the head with a mirror to look at the plug.

Chris

kramarj

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but i replaced the pedistal last week and i still have a leak. I think i am going to pull the motor this winter and replace the pan because i found a leak on the front of the motor. If I do that I plan on replacing all of the oil galley plugs and other places that would possibly leak oil. Anyway, thanks for all of the suggestions.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.