Bad day for the PowerStroke

psdguy95

Reaction score
Went outside today and started the truck to let it warm up before i left to pick up my lady. After i started it i walked back into the house to grab some things and then walked back out to the truck. Right as i walk out of the house i see a waterfall of what looked to be water from my perspective falling from under the truck. I walk closer and start to smell fuel, i look under it and see that it is fuel pooring on the ground. So i then pop the hood and know exactly what is it. My fuel bowl cracked. AGAIN. I shut it off and inspect things. It cracked right where the fuel filter top meets the bowl. This same thing happened to me about 7 or 8 months ago. How does this keep hapening? The temp outside was in the 50's and the truck was in the 80hp economy tune. When i first started it the rpm's were at about 800-1000 because the motor was cold. Its just frustrating that this happened again.

young7.3

Reaction score
There could be alot of crud in the bottom of your fuel bowl or in the start of the lines stopping it up, which would increase fuel pressure inside the bowl.

psdguy95

Reaction score
The Joe daddy mod is going to fix it fo now untill I can afford efuel. I hope there's not crud in my fuel lines.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Lid to the fuel bowl may be on there too tight, causing stress on the bowl then causing it to crack.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Heres my current filter cap.

th_Photo0283.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.