Cam, P&P, Springs

my79f

Reaction score
Matt pretty soon i need to pull the motor in my truck to fix an oil leak issue im having. While im in there i thought it would be a good time to get some things knocked out. How much is the cam I or II going to help me on bottom end spoolup? Im going to stick with a single turbo for the time being(currently non modded H2E on truck). What are the big benefits from a cam? Which cam is gonna be better for DD and Towing? I do not want to fly cut either. What about springs? Do you have a specific set you would suggest for this combo? Also is a port and polish suggested? Do you have somebody you trust to do this in central texas?

My current mods include
-modded 17
-Reg Return
-Stock H2e
-Rosewood 238/100's
-ARP's
-BTS

When i pull motor i want to:
-springs for sure
-pushrods for sure
-Possibly cam
-Possibly P&P

Thanks, Austin

Gearhead

Reaction score
The stage 1 cam helps spoolup by itself, but the cam and ported heads help more than the two parts separately. Shimmed 910 springs work fine for the stage 1 cam. There is a shop in Ft Worth that can do heads that I would trust, that's as far south as I can think of right now. TSD can do the install for you, they are in San Antonio (as central as I know).

my79f

Reaction score
Can you get me the name of that shop? Do you know about how much its gonna cost to get the heads done?