Fuel Additives

Magicman129

Reaction score
Just wanted to see what is being used in these trucks, I came from Duramax's and
Either ran Stanadyne or Diesel Kleen I preferred the Diesel Kleen, if you guys prefer something different let me know

Brian22

Reaction score
A thread as old as that is not relevant to the newer 6.7's with the sensitive fuel systems on the new trucks. Surely most if not all of those products have revised their formulas and some of them are likely not available any more.

ncollins64

Reaction score
LE Full Torque here. Before I knew about LE I used stanadyne and always had good luck. I see better mpgs, less smoke, and better all around performance with le over other brands. And yes this is in my 6.7 and 7.3 trucks.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
LE is the best balanced chemistry for an approved additive on the market as of right now. It handles water properly without sacrificing lubricity. It controls the flame front and increases cetane without giving up cold filter properties or the ability to clean system parts. There might be other additives that do one of these things better. But nothing does then all even remotely as well. At least currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Hey jim I have been using the ford powerstroke cetane additive since I got the truck - would I benefit from using your stuff instead? (I'm sure I will just double checking). Need to send you an oil sample to lol

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Hey jim I have been using the ford powerstroke cetane additive since I got the truck - would I benefit from using your stuff instead? (I'm sure I will just double checking). Need to send you an oil sample to lol

Lubrication and water separation are much better. So if you drain your separator timely it's much better to remove the water than let the pump and injectors eat it.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
How often would you recommend draining the separator? I do it every fill up- I simply open the valve and let it drain for 5-10 secs.

That's more than enough. Most people don't even know what it is. So I say that for everyone's benefit.