Best shocks for stock height truck?

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I need to get some shocks ordered for my truck. I REALLY want to leave it at the stock height. There are lots more choices if I go up to a leveling kit, but I like it at the height its sitting at now.

Suggestions, ideas, pictures, or sources would be great.

And to be clear up front.... NO BILSTEINS WILL BE GOING ON MY TRUCK!!!! Been there, done that, hated them, and sold them lol.

Atsah

Reaction score
My stockers lasted 150K... Can't ask for more than that.. I just bought the same ones from the dealer..

Last edited:

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
It depends on the bilstein's, their OE replacements suck A$$, but their upgraded 5100's I like very much. Not the answer you wanted but...

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
ya, I just realized I have a shell, and about 400 lbs of tools in the back of my truck. I'm sure it helps. I'll be watching to see what anybody else says.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Weight is a HUGE help. If only we could get our trucks to ride empty like they do loaded down. Many times I have thought about putting a sheet of plate on the floor of the bed to get some weight back their.

Atsah

Reaction score
Weight is a HUGE help. If only we could get our trucks to ride empty like they do loaded down. Many times I have thought about putting a sheet of plate on the floor of the bed to get some weight back their.

I add a couple of sheets for winter plowing but I don't notice much differance in the ride.. Could be that this 03 CCLB dually is heavy as hell to begin with..LOL

HoustonRider

Reaction score
I'll chime in..... :)

My 11 F250 4x4 had 6k on it when 2 of the stock "Rancho" shocks took a ****, so I opted for the Rancho 9000xls. Even at full firmness, the front end bottomed out on speed bumps, and could never get the right "adjustment" from front to rear. Truck always swayed, felt big, like a boat, etc. Just never got a good feel. This was all over a months time.

I returned the whole set and opted for a set of the new King OEM performance series for the F250. They have a few configurations for the front (coil over conversion with remote resi's, or shocks (keep OEM coil) with remote resi's). Rears can be piggy-backs or remote resi's as well. I opted for the front shock replacement w remote resi's and the rears w remote resi's. I can tell you they are a tad on the spendy side, but I'm tired of buying "super bad-ass, best ride for the money, etc" kind of shocks. lol

I'm still waiting for them to arrive, King is building them and getting em out this week (I think). I'll post up when I get em installed.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Believe me, I've looked at those too but ouch they are big $$$. Lol

You saying you stayed with the factory coils and just changed the shocks? Did you get the ones with the adjustable compression settings? PM me and let me know what kind of price you got. Thanks

nchappy

Reaction score
Stock replacement bilsteins have been good to us on all 3 trucks
One started leaking and it was warrantied
Ride is fine
We haul and tow heavy with the 2006 work trucks but both have rear firestone bags

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Well I finally pulled the trigger. I have run ICON exclusively on my truck at every level its been at. I was wanting to run ICON 2.5" Piggyback Shocks but couldn't find any shocks to work for stock height. The fronts (6-7700) would work but the rears (3-7701)were just too long. The rears were listed as:

20.66" compressed
35.00" extended

My truck sitting at stock height measures 22". So if I were to run the 3-7701's I would only have a little over 1" until full compression which wouldn't work. Mike over at Poly Performance contacted ICON and found out that they do have a new model out that isn't on their website yet. The new model (3-7705) is made for 0"-2" of lift and shows:

18.625" compressed
31.000" extended

Works out perfect for what I need. So a couple of keystrokes and they were mine. Will take a couple of weeks to build (unless SEMA pushes that back) and then they will be headed my way!! Cant wait to try them out.

ICON 2.5" Piggybacks (shocks only, no leveling kit)

6-2502__42376_zoom.jpg

Omega__21442_zoom.jpg

HoustonRider

Reaction score
cool, glad you found one that works for ya.

I hit up Icon 2 weeks ago and they didn't even know how to respond, other than "nope".

But glad you touched base with the right person.

My Kings were built last week and I'm waiting to see em pull up.

Ya gotta get some pics (pics or it didn't happen) :)

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I was going to say Fox 2.0's, but it looks like you found your shock. Keep us posted on the ride quality because I am going to swap shocks eventually.