Pitting

Danny26

Reaction score
All the chrome and brushed Peace's on my 2017 Platinum are starting to pit. Truck only has 5k on it and I live in idaho so no salt. Anyone else having this issue?

IMG_20170327_101117757_HDR_zpsdpyqq9gc.jpg

04cr450

Reaction score
Well before i bought my truck i found a small amount of pitting on tailgate as well.. same area... i caught it though and the dealer changed out the whole tailgate from another platinum they had on the lot. Evidently it is an issue.

Danny26

Reaction score
Well before i bought my truck i found a small amount of pitting on tailgate as well.. same area... i caught it though and the dealer changed out the whole tailgate from another platinum they had on the lot. Evidently it is an issue.

Wow, mine is on everything. Front grill, tailgate, steps...Kind of a bummer on a new truck. Hopefully dealer will take care of it.

greyford1979

Reaction score
I'm the parts manager in a body shop and we get brand new parts pitted some times, still in the packaging, from all auto manufacturers. Quite a few times I've had to order multiple times to get a good one. Actually I got a brand new oem rear chrome bumper on a Ram today and it looked like hell.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
That's not cool. Anytime I buy a new vehicle that I care about it goes to the body shop to get polished and waxed. There is nothing on from the factory. My 17 is at the body shop now, it has 40 miles on it. Hopefully they take care of you.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My 2016 F-450 (nearly $70K) is the same. The Ford Store in Morgan Hill Ca. Is of no help. And Ford corporate has informed me that all Ford dealerships are independent, so they leave it up to the dealership.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Danny26

Reaction score
My 2016 F-450 (nearly $70K) is the same. The Ford Store in Morgan Hill Ca. Is of no help. And Ford corporate has informed me that all Ford dealerships are independent, so they leave it up to the dealership.

Wow sucks to hear this stuff on such new trucks. My dealer is changing out all the parts thankfully, but they did say they had to go back and forth with Ford to get it warrantied...

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Between this and the paint QC thread, I'm getting a little worried about the truck I have ordered...

I just got mine back from the body shop. I asked my buddy how it looked....the paint was really dry but it good shape.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My truck was 9 months old when I noticed it. Dealer says that "finish" is not warranty.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
F that noise i would bring that truck back and say make it right. There might be finish issues from ford.....

Danny26

Reaction score
A little update on my situation.

I was under the impression ford was going to warranty all the parts with pitting, but turns out the dealer could only get the tailgate and the two large horizontal bars on the grill covered. Ford didn't even want to do that and tried claiming the front and side steps were rock chips. Now I'm stuck footing the bill for the rest on an $80k truck with 5k miles on it.

Just a heads up for anyone looking at buying these trucks. Make sure you check out all the brushed and chrome peaces closely before buying!

theplumber

Reaction score
My Platinum are full of paint chip . I received my truck december 10 2016 and Ford don't want to pay. But my dealer pay for it .
The dealer don't understand why ford don't want to pay.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online