New Build

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
Well i havnt posted here yet due to not having much to say about my 6.4 but i finally started my build today. My truck is a 08 f-250 fX4 ccsb. I have been planning this build for over a year and a half. I decided that i would use the sct itsx with an ipad and erics tunes for my programmer and for that i made a fiberglass center console that goes from the stock console and flows to the bottom of the dash that i will wrap in the black leather like the interior. Now for the really good stuff. Im going to install an AFE Pro 5r, flo pro 5 inch exhaust straight pipe with a black mbrp 6 inch tip, Air Dog 165, Elite 60 hp nozzles, Elite ported fuel rails, Elite h-11 head studs, Elite egr delete with wastegate, cfm intake elbow, Elite cold side pipe, Elite transmission with their heavy duty kit and billet input shaft, Suncoast tq converter, and ouo fixed traction bars. Im not going to mod the pump since i think it will run the 60's just fine with a lower pw tune. Im also doing all of this build cab on. Of course with my luck within the first 30 minutes of starting i snapped the damn plastic tube that runs across the engine for the heater on the pass side (hopefully it isnt too expensive). Ive been running my truck stock the entire time i have owned it and now i cant wait to actually feel the power these engines can put down. Im sure im forgetting something that im installing but it is quite the build and very easy to forget an item or two. Im a diesel mechanic by trade so this shouldnt be to difficult for me to accomplish but if someone has any tricks that make it easier or possibly some caution notes that would be great.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well i havnt posted here yet due to not having much to say about my 6.4 but i finally started my build today. My truck is a 08 f-250 fX4 ccsb. I have been planning this build for over a year and a half. I decided that i would use the sct itsx with an ipad and erics tunes for my programmer and for that i made a fiberglass center console that goes from the stock console and flows to the bottom of the dash that i will wrap in the black leather like the interior. Now for the really good stuff. Im going to install an AFE Pro 5r, flo pro 5 inch exhaust straight pipe with a black mbrp 6 inch tip, Air Dog 165, Elite 60 hp nozzles, Elite ported fuel rails, Elite h-11 head studs, Elite egr delete with wastegate, cfm intake elbow, Elite cold side pipe, Elite transmission with their heavy duty kit and billet input shaft, Suncoast tq converter, and ouo fixed traction bars. Im not going to mod the pump since i think it will run the 60's just fine with a lower pw tune. Im also doing all of this build cab on. Of course with my luck within the first 30 minutes of starting i snapped the damn plastic tube that runs across the engine for the heater on the pass side (hopefully it isnt too expensive). Ive been running my truck stock the entire time i have owned it and now i cant wait to actually feel the power these engines can put down. Im sure im forgetting something that im installing but it is quite the build and very easy to forget an item or two. Im a diesel mechanic by trade so this shouldnt be to difficult for me to accomplish but if someone has any tricks that make it easier or possibly some caution notes that would be great.

join the club.... elite keeps those plastic lines on hand because they break/split down the seam just when you look at them wrong. i have broken 2 . replace it with rubber line.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
I cant wait till next year to start racing. Im really excited. The best part is that the truck should be pretty reliable due to the supporting mods.

JMart

Reaction score
That is quite the build. I was wondering myself if all that could be done cab on. I have been thinking about getting back into a 6.4 and have been doing a little planning myself. Let us know how it all goes together. I didn't know you could do the headstuds in cab so I am really wondering how smoothly that turns out.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
join the club.... elite keeps those plastic lines on hand because they break/split down the seam just when you look at them wrong. i have broken 2 . replace it with rubber line.

I actually talked to nathannial (elite) about it. I didnt think about running a rubber line that is a good idea.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
That is quite the build. I was wondering myself if all that could be done cab on. I have been thinking about getting back into a 6.4 and have been doing a little planning myself. Let us know how it all goes together. I didn't know you could do the headstuds in cab so I am really wondering how smoothly that turns out.

Ive actually ran into a couple snags already and by just tearing into everything i would definatly tell you if you have access to a lift use it. I didnt use the lift at my shop due to the learning experience of doing it cab on.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I actually talked to nathannial (elite) about it. I didnt think about running a rubber line that is a good idea.

get a 6.0 aluminum flange to replace where the plastic line meets the front cover, it has a barb..then run flexible hose. after i broke plastic line number 2, my buddy gene came up with that idea, he actually found some bent lines from napa to make it even easier.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
get a 6.0 aluminum flange to replace where the plastic line meets the front cover, it has a barb..then run flexible hose. after i broke plastic line number 2, my buddy gene came up with that idea, he actually found some bent lines from napa to make it even easier.

Thanks alot for that tip. I was expecting atleast a hundred dollars for that plastic line.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Ive actually ran into a couple snags already and by just tearing into everything i would definatly tell you if you have access to a lift use it. I didnt use the lift at my shop due to the learning experience of doing it cab on.

I wouldn't want that t shirtLOL

JMart

Reaction score

I'm a one car garage kinda builder. I don't have access to a lift at all. If it takes me longer that is ok as long as it is possible I'm down to do it. Just have to find another truck first. Till then I read everything.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
thanks fellas. I could use all the luck i can get since i have horrible luck when working on my truck. Stuff always seems to go wrong in one way or another.

JMart

Reaction score
thanks fellas. I could use all the luck i can get since i have horrible luck when working on my truck. Stuff always seems to go wrong in one way or another.

I can agree with that. Fix one thing find two more problems. Hope you don't have to many of those.