Valvoline 5W-40 Premium Blue is gold!

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Just did the first oil change on BB at 7500 miles as per computer request. Bought 4 gallons of Premium Blue 5W-40 on amazon and used the FoMoCo filter.
I know it may not be convincing without video or in person proof, but from just this single oil change, the truck runs smoother and quieter than it did from the factory. You can't hear a single tick from the motor in cab or outside by the hood. The motor just purs now and runs like a dream! Cruising on the highway it's darn near silent! Lol

I know this may not be worthy of it's own thread to some, but I felt that everyone needs to atleast know that putting in this quality oil really does make a noticeable difference. It's all I'll be using from this point on.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Nice to know Nate have to try this in the reg cab the darn engine noise is louder than the whole truck lol

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Just did my first change w/ ford oil and filter, and it gets the "tick" everyone once in a blue moon. I do notice a little more clatter but im guessing its from the H&S running a bit of timing down low. Ill be trying this one on the next change, as premium blue 15/40 ran like a champ in my 6.0 for 105k miles.

HoustonRider

Reaction score
I've always run Mobil 1. Never had any issues on any of my cars, the last 25+ years. My last two diesels I ran the Mobil 1 always.

I'm always interested in new ideas, why the Valvoline Blue? I see Cummins "recommends" it, but Cummins and Valvoline share a common interest (like ownership), so not sure its a valid endorsement, or networking. lol

dasboot

Reaction score
first oil change I used Rottella t 15w40, we sell it here for services. My 05/6.0l didn't like it in the winter at all. next change I used Delo 400LE. the truck seems to like this better and my exhaust doesn't smell as bad. Maybe I should try the Valvoline. I allways used val in all my other gas vehicles in the past.

4cstr

Reaction score
I stopped at the local NAPA...and only the 15w-40 was on sale...not the full 5w-40 synthetic stuff. They wanted $23.99/gallon for the 5w-40 stuff. I can't run 15w-40 in my truck during the winter. It chu-chu-chu-chu-chu-chugs to much on start up.

dasboot

Reaction score
We have a dealer account with a local napa, checking on the Napa Prolink pn 70518 $23.99 gal. Any one try the Valvoline 15w40? it is $11.99 gal

6L strokin

Reaction score
nate was yours starting to do the engine tick? if that oil fixes that ill for sure be switching the next change... the sound doesnt bother me as bad and having to deal with people asking why my truck makes a weird noise...

17BLKplat

Reaction score
nate was yours starting to do the engine tick? if that oil fixes that ill for sure be switching the next change... the sound doesnt bother me as bad and having to deal with people asking why my truck makes a weird noise...

Just before the oil change I was hearing more chatter from the motor than I ever rembered. So I'm tempted to say that this oil definitely would help with the ticking you hear Darin.
I'll have to get a video for you guys today. Hopefully Jesse hasn't contacted the authorities yet LOL

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Ok Jesse, and PSA people. Since I was put on the spot, 3 quick vids.
a5683e21.jpg

44fbd6fe.jpg

d03daa6e.jpg

^all post from iPhone. If they don't work initially, I'll fix it at home.
Start up vid is taken 30 seconds after start up. Little cruise video. And an outside shot for fun. Enjoy :D

Latest posts

Members online