Treadwright tires?

wint

Reaction score
Has anyone ran these? Ive heard of a few stories on them so far so good, but just like any tire there have been failures. So what are peoples thoughts, think they would work for me? Hauling, DD, some off road.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Whatever yo do make sure you get matching side walls. We got some of their 285 BFG A/T knock offs with Michelin shells & some with Cooper sidewalls & there has about a 1/2" difference height wise & 1/2" width difference. Sent em back & got matching sidewalls & good to go.

wint

Reaction score
Hmm I would have never thought of that. Other than that they worked well? I was thinking of running their guard dog MT in either a 285 or 315.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
What cat said, make sure you ask that your set of tires are made from the same "carcases".
I haven't heard anything negative about them yet, and was considering running them on my dually. The turn off for me is the load range on their 315's and fiberglass rear dually fenders. I don't need to deal with a D load range tire, or a tire destroying my flare.

Last edited:

Dzlnut

Reaction score
My cousin has ran a few sets... Good milage out of them and great price.

Sent from my iPhone via PFM

Reubine

Reaction score
I ran a set of 285's about 3 years ago and they were great tires. My truck never came off of a trailer and i did some pretty heavy towing then. A buddy of mine actually still has them on his truck.

wint

Reaction score
Good to hear that they will hold up on a heavier truck! I think im gonna pull the trigger on a set!

KPSquared

Reaction score
Wow, this is the first Treadwright thread I've seen that hasn't degraded into "recaps suck".

I've heard nothing but good things about the product and keep thinking I need to try a set. Maybe this spring.

wint

Reaction score
Yea i am a little surprised myself thinking i would get that reaction. But no one can speak fully for them until you try them yourself! Which is what im gonna do! LOL

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Daniel....

Newshoes3.jpg

newshoes1.jpg

newshoes.jpg

newshoes2.jpg

97Stroker

Reaction score
Yeah I've only heard good things about them and you definitely can't beat the price. I think people are just scared from older recaps that used to blow apart before they got the technology right.

Latest posts

Members online