fuel system question

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I put ported rails and 60hp Nozzels in my truck... I was wondering if i have to purge air out of the system after the hpfp? I wouldnt believe so but thought id make sure....

White_monster

Reaction score
How do you plan to bleed the system then? There's no way to remove the air after the hpfp. Just crack the fitting on the fuel cooler and cycle the key 6 times. Then start the truck with that fitting loose and once running tighten it up. It makes a mess but works, same steps if you have the special fitting.

Let me know how the nozzles and rails maintain pressure, got a truck I might try this on if you have success.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I'm interested as well. I think it should work as long as the Air Dog is pumping directly to the HPFP. Be an awesome upgrade with modded turbo's and you wouldn't have to spend a bunch of money for a modded HPFP or twin pumps.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I will try to post pics of my fuel system by monday.. it pumps from my airdog to the hpfp...hopefully my truck will be back together by then.... Thanks

oneturboforme

Reaction score
heres the pics i said i would get you guys.. its a 3/4 suction tube in the tank and 3/4 to the air dog.. i put the airdog on the outside of the frame so i built some protection for it, i was worried its going to get rocks flung at it. from the airdog its 10 an to the reg and also 10 an to the hpfp... its 8an from the hpfp return back to the reg then 8 an to the 12'' cooler i have mounted where the stock lift pump was... any other questions ask...

Attachments

• DSCF0221.jpg
    DSCF0221.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0223.jpg
    DSCF0223.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF0224.jpg
    DSCF0224.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0225.jpg
    DSCF0225.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0227.jpg
    DSCF0227.jpg
    775.3 KB · Views: 47

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
quick question, why would you regulate the return and the supply with the same regulator, I may just be confused with the way you routed the fuel. My airdog came today and I plan on doing the same thing, maybe a little different.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I pretty much copied elites air dog system... Thats how they do it... I think its bc.. the hpfp flows what's not needed back to the tank... This way both sides of the hpfp have the same pressure and it cant "drop" and try to play catch up

Latest posts

Members online