Humor me

JDub

Reaction score
we had one in the shop last summer with the same problem. Said it overheated on a grade while towing and he just kept driving until the next exit. Every plastic part in the motor was molten and melted away. That was an expensive repair bill.

lubeowner

Reaction score
I found a truck on craigslist that had the egr cooler blow. Same thing. Drove it till it overheated and died. Took it to 4 shops and they told him the engine was junk, two were ford dealers. Sold it to me for $6k. Had 101k mile, 2004 cc lariat. I put on a new bypass tube, changed the oil, filter,weled the cooler shut added new coolant. Started up the truckand it has been running perfect for the last 2 months.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
I found a truck on craigslist that had the egr cooler blow. Same thing. Drove it till it overheated and died. Took it to 4 shops and they told him the engine was junk, two were ford dealers. Sold it to me for $6k. Had 101k mile, 2004 cc lariat. I put on a new bypass tube, changed the oil, filter,weled the cooler shut added new coolant. Started up the truckand it has been running perfect for the last 2 months.

Did you put a new oil cooler in it? That plastic doesn't go very far after it melts down. Some of it might have cooled off and hardened in the oil cooler cover. I took one apart about 3 years ago that the tube was melted and the plastic hardened back up inside the oil cooler cover. I wouldn't trust a motor nor stand behind that repair after it got that hot. Not knocking you since you say you did it on a personal vehicle, so don't get offended. But I couldn't tell a customer it's okay to do.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
2011-06-22_23-03-01_972.jpg

2011-06-22_23-02-22_790.jpg

Has to be 400+ to do this....i think i know.....best mistake i ever made

Latest posts

Members online