Ideal oil weight for big injectors

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
The dealership put in 15w40 last visit and today was the first "cold" day for truck. right after the cold start, I hopped in and took off but it only had half power and was missing until full op temp then it ran fine. stiction....obviously. i don't really want to yank the injectors and send them off quite yet. would a thinner oil possibly help? I don't want to get too thin because of shearing and too thick would help sticky spool valves. and before anyone says it....yes i know about rev x. what's the ideal/safest weight for larger injectors in this thing? 10w?

Atsah

Reaction score
I don't know anything about "BIG" injectors.. I have had pretty good results from HD 10W30 diesel oil with stock injectors.. I just switched from conventional Motorcraft HD 10W30 to Roltella T5 semi-syn 10W30 and it's a bit better cold starting but I'm going to put REV-X in shortly because it's gets a lot colder here then your location..

Atsah

Reaction score
Lets put it this way.. If they made an oil that fixed 6.0 injector spool valve sticktion, REV-X would be $5.00 a bottle..

nsty 6oh

Reaction score
i run 5w-40 t6 in mine year round with big injectors and have had zero issues.

chappy

Reaction score
Sorry man but dropping to a 5w40 synthetice might help or get some revx. I'm gonna pik some up tommarrow since it gets a little colder here. I have not had any problems yet but I want to make sure I don't either.

chappy

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here but the hpop is what shears the oil not the injectors . The 5 is the colder weight rating not the up to operating temp weight so it is thinner at start up meanig the engine is happier pusing it when cold. Warms up to 40w just like the other. I believe the only reason they don't offer a non synthetic 5w40 is due to a conventional oil not holdin up at a lower viscosity like a synthetic will.

Keanoknick

Reaction score
I ran 5w40 synthetic all last winter with no injector issues, but I had run revX previously when I had a spool valve sticking. I'm back on a full synthetic 15w40 now, with no additives, but will likely add a single bottle of RevX in when it starts to get a little colder.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i run mobil 1 5w50 TDT and rev x through my 190's and it runs super smooth. Weird thing I noticed though when I did my injectors was im running higher low pressure oil pressure across the boards, which is probably normal since my old injectors were all worn out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.