New Truck And Some Useful Mods

Reaction score
I've been driving around a 2016 F150 Ecoboost for the last year+ but ended up missing my Power Strokes too much. I ended up selling it Friday and getting this 2017 F350!! I know its nothing as high end as Platinums or King Ranches that really makes the truck worth bragging about, but I absolutely love it so far! Actually this XLT has more options than my 2011 F350 Lariat did so Im definitely enjoying it. But I had added some things to the F150 that were able to be carried over to the new Super Duty so I wanted to share some of them with everyone here.

First thing I noticed immediately in these new Fords in general is how much pedal lag there is. I had installed the JMS pedal max on my 2016 F150 to help with this, and sure enough it fits just the same on the 2017 Super Dutys. Its just plug and play and takes about 5 min to install. The 6.7 pedal felt extra laggy as everyone has talked about in the past and felt like you had to really get into the pedal to get things going. I plugged this in and completely woke the throttle response up! Got rid of almost all of that dead pedal and made it so you barely have to tip in to get thing going quickly. I am extremely happy with it on the 6.7. Obviously one day tuning is going to catch up on these and we wont have to worry about that pedal lag as much, but for now this was an EXCELLENT improvement in throttle response. Plus you would still be able to use this with tuning even once it comes out. I know for the $289 it may not be for everyone and may wait for tuning to correct the lazy throttle response, but I would still recommend it especially if you are planning on staying stock. Here is the link to what it is. Also, I did not buy the dial which allows you to very the throttle sensitivity. I just keep mine set to max and love it that way.

http://www.jmschip.com/pedalmax-2011-2015-ford-vehicles/

Next on the list is something that has been discussed on here before. Access to behind the drivers side rear passenger seat in a crew cab. Again, something I had on my F150 and was a complete carry over to my new F350. I hated that Ford gave you access behind the passenger side, but not the drivers side. There is a lot of room behind there especially in an XLT where there is no sub. I did take pictures start to finish of the full installation process, but its a fairly simple install as well. Theres just some tricks that make the install easier. This seat release is made by Built Right Industries and they also have some directions/install video on the link below. I can provide a write up on here if anyone is interested with some pointers, but figured I just show what it is here. So if anyone is looking for a way to always have access to behind that seat with a nice pull strap, this is a very well made kit.

https://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-f-150-rear-seat-release

Sorry for the long post, but figured it be better to put everything in one versus starting multiple threads. Glad to be back in a Power Stroke!!

Attachments

• IMG_7337.jpg
    IMG_7337.jpg
    960.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_7340.jpg
    IMG_7340.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_7351.jpg
    IMG_7351.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_7350.jpg
    IMG_7350.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_7352.JPG
    IMG_7352.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been driving around a 2016 F150 Ecoboost for the last year+ but ended up missing my Power Strokes too much. I ended up selling it Friday and getting this 2017 F350!! I know its nothing as high end as Platinums or King Ranches that really makes the truck worth bragging about, but I absolutely love it so far! Actually this XLT has more options than my 2011 F350 Lariat did so Im definitely enjoying it. But I had added some things to the F150 that were able to be carried over to the new Super Duty so I wanted to share some of them with everyone here.

First thing I noticed immediately in these new Fords in general is how much pedal lag there is. I had installed the JMS pedal max on my 2016 F150 to help with this, and sure enough it fits just the same on the 2017 Super Dutys. Its just plug and play and takes about 5 min to install. The 6.7 pedal felt extra laggy as everyone has talked about in the past and felt like you had to really get into the pedal to get things going. I plugged this in and completely woke the throttle response up! Got rid of almost all of that dead pedal and made it so you barely have to tip in to get thing going quickly. I am extremely happy with it on the 6.7. Obviously one day tuning is going to catch up on these and we wont have to worry about that pedal lag as much, but for now this was an EXCELLENT improvement in throttle response. Plus you would still be able to use this with tuning even once it comes out. I know for the $289 it may not be for everyone and may wait for tuning to correct the lazy throttle response, but I would still recommend it especially if you are planning on staying stock. Here is the link to what it is. Also, I did not buy the dial which allows you to very the throttle sensitivity. I just keep mine set to max and love it that way.

http://www.jmschip.com/pedalmax-2011-2015-ford-vehicles/

Next on the list is something that has been discussed on here before. Access to behind the drivers side rear passenger seat in a crew cab. Again, something I had on my F150 and was a complete carry over to my new F350. I hated that Ford gave you access behind the passenger side, but not the drivers side. There is a lot of room behind there especially in an XLT where there is no sub. I did take pictures start to finish of the full installation process, but its a fairly simple install as well. Theres just some tricks that make the install easier. This seat release is made by Built Right Industries and they also have some directions/install video on the link below. I can provide a write up on here if anyone is interested with some pointers, but figured I just show what it is here. So if anyone is looking for a way to always have access to behind that seat with a nice pull strap, this is a very well made kit.

https://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-f-150-rear-seat-release

Sorry for the long post, but figured it be better to put everything in one versus starting multiple threads. Glad to be back in a Power Stroke!!

congrats !!

Jomax

Reaction score
I bet that thing is amazing. I keep wanting one, but my 2015 still keeps me happy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Everything is amazing about them except for the cost :flush: and the fact that my truck actually just had to regen for the first time....So maybe you're actually better off than me at the moment LOL

Hopefully Santa Mike can bring us Christmas early this year and get us all some nice new go fast engine/trans tunes for these 2017s!!

Latest posts

Members online