Company truck won't go over 2400

ColtonP

Reaction score
Doing 65 at about 2100 rpm and 10 psi. I went to pass somebody and the tach hit 2400 and lost all the boost. Now it has no power. Still have 70 miles to home. Anything I can check on the side of the road?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Doing 65 at about 2100 rpm and 10 psi. I went to pass somebody and the tach hit 2400 and lost all the boost. Now it has no power. Still have 70 miles to home. Anything I can check on the side of the road?

Is it in regen right now? What year and does it have a newer ford flash where it will say cleaning exhaust filter on the dash message center

Jhaddox

Reaction score
It's a 08 and it does say "cleaning exhaust filter". And it's not cleaning right now.

It might of never had a newer flash and only said it real quick...drive it for another few mins and see if it doesn't start acting normal

a_moore

Reaction score
Go to neutral, shut it off, re-start it and see what happens.

Mine is doing that same thing, on mine it is low fuel rail pressure. Restarting makes it run normal again until it feels like acting up.

ColtonP

Reaction score
Go to neutral, shut it off, re-start it and see what happens.

Mine is doing that same thing, on mine it is low fuel rail pressure. Restarting makes it run normal again until it feels like acting up.

That worked.

Thanks to both of you!

ColtonP

Reaction score
Don't know if it's related, but I just stopped for fuel and when I unscrewed the cap, the tank sucked a bunch of air. Could that have anything to do with low pressure in the fuel rail?

abbottfarms

Reaction score
I don't know about the 6.4, but I can tell you on my big trucks if the tank vents get plugged it will run low on power and generally run like poop until you give it air like loosen the tank cap and such. So I'd say it very well could have something to do with it.

a_moore

Reaction score
Interesting, I will check that next time mine does it.

I have a code reader, and get the low rail pressure code, occasionally I get a hard code and cel comes on.

I am leaning toward hpfp failure, or the possiblilty of the wire chaffing. That would be great if it was so simple as poor tank ventilation, but I doubt it.

ColtonP

Reaction score
I dropped it off at the dealership yesterday. I'll let you know the details when I get it back.

Latest posts

Members online