Getting More Power? (ISX)

sniper_101

Reaction score
Asked on the "other" site, but know a lot of you are here more, so I'll try here as well . . .

Truck is an 05' International 9900i, with an 06' 435hp ISX. Aside from a PowerBox, how can I get more power from this thing? Blows no smoke, and makes 25-35lbs of boost, depending on the RPM/load.

It's a straight 435hp, nothing more on cruise. It pulls heavy, so I would love more power; mileage isn't an issue.

Thoughts? Can it be flashed to a higher HP tune/setting? What are the differences between this and a higher power ISX (turbo, injectors, PCM)?

Thanks guys.

imelmo

Reaction score
I'll be curious too. We've got an '05 International with a Cummings also. I think ours is 3??hp though.

Reaction score
Get on pdidiesel.com. They have different ECU's, Turbos, Intake manifolds etc. Im not sure if the ISX is the same as Caterpillar. But i know from like 435 c-15 to a 550 or 625hp c-15 alot of the differences were pistons, cam, injectors, turbo and ECU tune for major items. Im sure those guys would be able to handle any questions. They have had their hand in M11's , C-12's, Mack, and Detroit i believe. Try them out

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Oops...I'm on my phone, didn't see the no box thing and couldn't find the price on their site

Reaction score
I just got on the PDI website. They do offer a different intake inlet and alot of other stuff. The inlet is around $460 and its claiming 15 to 20 hp

Jason

Reaction score
Buddy of mine had a 530isx in a t600kw. Pulls a big triple axle hhg moving trailer, and he had pdi do egr delete, power increase etc. Said it runs a little cooler all the way around but doesn't pull any harder or better than it did before. He's disappointed to say the least. Instead of buying fuel pressure boxes, why don't people actually use injectors and turbos, camshafts, etc. Done that way, the motors run cooler, happier, and longer...guy I know un-bridged his mbm c-15, bigger injectors, stage 5 Michigan turbo, cam, ECM programming, and put 1023 to the tires in his w900l, and ran coast to coast and got great mpg. Another guy I know with a 600 cat, did all the hard parts plus his own tuning etc, and lays down over 1000 consistently. Kurt Murray for you east coast guys who hit up Antrim's dyno days at all.

Reaction score
The newer 530's are going to be trickier to get power out of. The OP stated that his was an 06 engine though. So he shouldnt have any problem with say a different muffler/exhaust, the intake manifold, theres really alot of options for him. As far as these DPF motors, idk if the semi can get away with everything us pickup guys are as far as making more power with the DPF. I cant even begin to put a number on the amount of stock trucks that come in with the DPF's plug just from idling and poor regen schedules.

sniper_101

Reaction score
The newer 530's are going to be trickier to get power out of. The OP stated that his was an 06 engine though. So he shouldnt have any problem with say a different muffler/exhaust, the intake manifold, theres really alot of options for him. As far as these DPF motors, idk if the semi can get away with everything us pickup guys are as far as making more power with the DPF. I cant even begin to put a number on the amount of stock trucks that come in with the DPF's plug just from idling and poor regen schedules.

Ours is straight piped at the moment (video).

A local guy I talked to did a DPF and EGR delete (ISX), plus some tuning at the local Cummins shop in his LAL 389 . . . nice set up, but the DPF delete was like $8k or something crazy like that.

Jason

Reaction score
My buddies is whatever the last year of the t600's, it's an odd spec'd truck to say the least.

It just seems that the aftermarket "boxes" for the big trucks are too hit and miss, and when gambling with a motor that's gonna cost $13k to inflame, not a gamble I would wanna take. I think one of the big issues on the cats with pdi stuff was fueling issues on the furthest back cylinder.

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Asked on the "other" site, but know a lot of you are here more, so I'll try here as well . . .

Truck is an 05' International 9900i, with an 06' 435hp ISX. Aside from a PowerBox, how can I get more power from this thing? Blows no smoke, and makes 25-35lbs of boost, depending on the RPM/load.

It's a straight 435hp, nothing more on cruise. It pulls heavy, so I would love more power; mileage isn't an issue.

Thoughts? Can it be flashed to a higher HP tune/setting? What are the differences between this and a higher power ISX (turbo, injectors, PCM)?

Thanks guys.

We have a tuner were you can tune the truck yourself or remove the tune if it needs to go in for warranty.

Also I can get EGR delete's custom DPF delete files, manifolds and turbos.

So far we are seeing 10% gains on just the tuning....

If you are interested send me over a PM:pimp: