45 Min Traction Bar Install

Jesse@MBRP

Reaction score
I recently got a set of the OUO rear traction bars. Small gusset without the traction blocks, as I am only running a 4" rear block. I really wanted something didn't hang down at all.

Installation: Very quick and painless. You unbolt the U-Bolt plate on the bottom of the truck (I left truck on the ground) and replace it with the OUO mounts. Then You have 8 holes to drill on the frame on both sides. After than it's as simple as bolting the bars up and installaing the bolt through the coupler. It took me about 45 minutes to install both sides (excluding removing from boxes). I got all the tools and stuff out earlier while reading the directions.

Packaging: Never in my life have I seen something packaged so well. These things could survive the apocalypse or a nuclear blast in their box. They were like tripple wrapped in bubble wrap, then taped together, then wrapped in foam, and finally placed in a DOUBLE box. I am assuming they've had fun with UPS in the past like we have. Anyways, please allow 45 mins just to unwrap everything.

Impressions: The truck shifts SO much better now. No more herky jerky shifts at part throttle or WOT. No noises over bumps. Truck still rides like before minus the axle wrap. Two thumbs up.

Pictures of them installed:
OUOTractionBars066.jpg

OUOTractionBars028.jpg

OUOTractionBars026.jpg

OUOTractionBars023.jpg

OUOTractionBars014.jpg

OUOTractionBars010.jpg

OUOTractionBars039.jpg

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Made a huge difference on my truck so I know exactly how you feel. Everything just feels solid.

I say it every time but your truck looks great Jesse.

Jesse@MBRP

Reaction score
I bought new drill bits and used my Rigid 24v cordless. Drill a pilot and just keep stepping up. I used some lumber clamps to mark the holes while it held the bracket in place.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You did work to get them on in 45 minutes. Look great! I'm going with their bolt on kit as well since I've decided to go no block in the rear.

Chris

Reaction score
45 mins?! you buy some unobtanium drill bits and a 5000hp drill?

Looks awesome man. its amazing how much better the trucks drive w/ those bars.