Bed Covers

Glassman504

Reaction score
Looking for a bed cover for my 17. Had one on my last truck and I liked it. Just don't know what's good and bad. Ford had one but I didn't like the folding one they offered. I was going to do the decked system but I tow a gooseneck and a fifth wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DockRocker

Reaction score
If you tow a lot make sure you think hard about a retractable cover. I have a retrax cover and it's great but the drum it rolls up into at the front of the bed severely limits your auxiliary fuel tank options. Especially if you have a short bed.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I tow a gooseneck all the time, was thinking of going with the revolver X2 for my 17. Be curious what everyone recommends. I also have a toolbox that sits inside the box of the truck. Be nice to still be able to use that as well, or possibly move it back a few inches.

Glassman504

Reaction score
I liked the retrax but it leaked. As far as auxiliary tanks i may have to have one custom built so the pump and fill tube don't get in the way

Spatel23

Reaction score
I've got a pace Edwards bed locker and it's amazing. Just so convenient and pretty much water proof. You can't walk on the cover or anything but I don't need to.
I had a roll n lock on my last the truck and this thing blows it out of the water.

Got it from no limit

Jomax

Reaction score
I like my backflip G2. Pretty water proof and doesn't limit the bed at all.

Nj67

Reaction score
I tow a gooseneck all the time, was thinking of going with the revolver X2 for my 17. Be curious what everyone recommends. I also have a toolbox that sits inside the box of the truck. Be nice to still be able to use that as well, or possibly move it back a few inches.
I had fitment issues with my x2. The tailgate step was causing the edge to wear the leather away where it touched. I tried to move the cover back but it caused a gap. Bak's answer was some plastic shims. Only problem with that was the hideous bumps on the sides lol. After about a month of back and forth via phone calls and emails , they finally just refunded me. Then a few days after that...they sent me a replacement cover ???!!!

Other than the incident I mentioned...i absolutely love it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

swavescatter

Reaction score
I love my Bakflip mx4. Looks great, works great. I called up a place, super trucks or something, and I got it for close to $740 shipped.

Glassman504

Reaction score
I don't know about about the backflip when it's fully open other than that it seems very nice

Glassman504

Reaction score
I've got a pace Edwards bed locker and it's amazing. Just so convenient and pretty much water proof. You can't walk on the cover or anything but I don't need to.
I had a roll n lock on my last the truck and this thing blows it out of the water.

Got it from no limit

Did you do the automatic or manual? What series do you have?

Glassman504

Reaction score
Any pictures sorry for all the questions but really been thinking hard about automatic. Just seems so nice and convenient

Spatel23

Reaction score
Any pictures sorry for all the questions but really been thinking hard about automatic. Just seems so nice and convenient

I can take some, just let me know what exactly you want a picture of.

It sits flush with the rails and takes about 6 inches of bed space up towards the cab for the canister.

Only picture I can find on my phone at the moment.

edcc49f569b3557a47133d844fe8ee6a.jpg

Last edited:

Glassman504

Reaction score
How does the tailgate latch when it's closed? Fine? just a couple of close pictures. Where you from in ms. I'm in Louisiana and I don't really trust anyone out this way. Did you do the install?

Hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
On my 14 I had a truxedo low profile soft tonneau cover that was very clean fitting, and rolled up nicely and securely at the front of the bed. It would be a good choice for someone with a toolbox below the bed rails that pulls a gooseneck.

It can also be removed and thrown in the garage in about 10 seconds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online