truck losing its tune? impossible they said...

bs4284

Reaction score
at 1200 miles i d3leted and did the PPEI ez lynk.
since then... i have had 2 unexplainable problems...

The first issue i had occurred at about 3000 miles.
driving down the road at about 65mph, truck was all warm... been running great... cruise control on... and i heard a loud pop, then by boost shot up to 35 PSI without and change to the throttle. i took cruise control off and coasted down and the boot PSI was was bouncing back and forth from 0-30 and the motor shook and i heard pop pop pop pop and it felt like the motor was going to die, like it was struggling for fuel... i limped it for 10 miles till i got to work, going about 30mph throttle position at 6%, my boost was at 20PSI and my exhaust PSI was at 30-35.... it felt like there was no limit to what the boost would go to... like if i mashed the petal it would keep climbing till it blew up...
while limping to work, i could hear the turbo blow off loud as can be while driving...

i got to work and was looking at the datalogs, checked for error codes(there was none) from the ez lynk then went to the tune section... the tune that was installed, it said it was no longer installed. it said "ready to install" ... so i installed the tune... and everything was back to normal...
i contacted PPEI through the chat feature on ez lynk and they said its impossible that the truck "lost its tune." but i tried to tell them... it said it wasnt installed, i installed it, and then it worked fine...uhmmm dunno...

everything has been fine since that day... right up until last night...
at 3200 miles... driving home on dry pavement... not doing anything crazy... the traction control light and error notification displayed on the dash... then the down hill assist error notification, then exhaust brake error notification, and a whole host of others i dont remember right now... but the motor sounded fine... and drove like nothing was going on... no check engine light.. and ez lynk didnt have any diagnostic codes... i got home.. .turned the truck off, turned it back on... and all the lights were gone... no issues this morning... and the truck has been running all day no issues...

wtf...

all those notifications popped up, just like what happens when installing the tune... makes me think...

idk...

any thoughts?
my leading theory is demonic possession...

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
the traction control light and error notification displayed on the dash... then the down hill assist error notification, then exhaust brake error notification, and a whole host of others i dont remember right now... but the motor sounded fine... and drove like nothing was going on... no check engine light.. and ez lynk didnt have any diagnostic codes... i got home.. .turned the truck off, turned it back on... and all the lights were gone... no issues this morning... and the truck has been running all day no issues...

wtf...

This happens to me fairly randomly and sparingly but only right after I turn on the truck. Shut off truck open door and start again and it all goes away. Your other issue I have no help as I'm stock.