My new Alumiduty

qzillanut

Reaction score
Well after years of being a loyal 7.3 junky, I finally decided to get a new truck, and sold my old 7.3. Hope I don’t regret it, but the new one is pretty sweet. I’m very impressed with the ride quality and feel. The power is underwhelming because of the way ford decided to choke it back in the first 3 gears, but man it just never quits pulling. We put a leveling kit on it to clear the 35’s, but I don’t like the leveled look, so I will be adding a leaf to the back soon. Still debating on doing a warranty removal kit😂😂😂. I think I will wait until more options are available for the 17’s. I don’t know.

Attachments

• 29B626D4-C172-41BD-BF4E-219D0336A9B7.jpg
    29B626D4-C172-41BD-BF4E-219D0336A9B7.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 231

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
nice man!! no you wont regret it. just about the only issues the 6.7s have are to do with emissions equipment...

truck looks good!

live life full throttle

qzillanut

Reaction score
-19 offset wheels. It hit the fender. Even leveled I had to trim some plastic.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
Looks good! Still rocking the 7.3 myself, but realize that one day, I'll have to get something newer. But, I'll keep the 7.3 as a work truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
why did you need to level to clear 35s?
offset rims. i put 295/70/18s on the new to me rims and i had to heat and mold/bend the mud flaps back a little because they rubbed some. the 305/70/18s(35/12.5) i had on the oem rims never touched anything. glad i went with a hair smaller tire this time.

live life full throttle

qzillanut

Reaction score
why did you need to level to clear 35s?

-19 won’t clear. I believe 0 will. Maybe -12 with some cutting. Keep in mind I had 13.50 wide tires. 12.5 will clear easier I’m sure. I just really liked the 35/13.50r20 ridge grapplers because they are 12 ply and f load range. They are aggressive but still not very noisy.They definitely hurt ride quality but the damn thing didn’t ride like a truck anyway, so I don’t mind. I hope someone can make use of this for their purchase. I couldn’t find as much as I wanted when trying to decide my tire wheel package.

F

Floorboard79

Well after years of being a loyal 7.3 junky, I finally decided to get a new truck, and sold my old 7.3. Hope I don’t regret it, but the new one is pretty sweet. I’m very impressed with the ride quality and feel. The power is underwhelming because of the way ford decided to choke it back in the first 3 gears, but man it just never quits pulling. We put a leveling kit on it to clear the 35’s, but I don’t like the leveled look, so I will be adding a leaf to the back soon. Still debating on doing a warranty removal kit😂😂😂. I think I will wait until more options are available for the 17’s. I don’t know.

Coming from a 7.3 your going to be fiending for some sounds and smell put of your truck. Plus it maked it run just that much better.

Latest posts

Members online