Trailer Brake Controller

yogi7615

Reaction score
Who prefers what and why. I just have some cheapo model in my 02 and was looking to upgrade. I only pull about 6k now but looking into buying a goose neck to haul mutiple trail rigs(as in 3 to 4) later down the road.

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
I have the Tekonsha Primus IQ in my truck and it works very well. I have used it on various trailers all the way up to 14K. I like it because it is so easy to adjust from trailer to trailer and add/lower brake resistance. Also I can take it from one truck to another in a matter of seconds.

http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx

jwlandry

Reaction score
I have a prodigy in mine and i like it alot. You dont really have to set your gains on it like on some of them. I leave mine about 3/4 the way just so it limits the output, the harder you press the brakes the more voltage it puts out to the brakes. Not like the old ones where soon as you touch the pedal it shoots to what you have it set at. These are more progressive.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ive got the tekonsha P3 and love it. Also makes a hella good volt meter too :D

Ouch

Reaction score
I dont own one but I borrow my buddies Prodigy and if I were to buy one thats what I would get... reason... only one ive used and like it, all there friends have them. Good enough to convince me.

Jake

Reaction score
Brakesmart is the way to go. works off the brake pressure for the amount of power to put to the trailer.

ducatirider944

Reaction score
Tekonsha is what I would get. I had one and thought it got fried, so I bought the top of the line Hayes because the dealer I work with quit selling the Tekonsha because price got out in left field. The Hayes is nice, but not what my old Tekonsha was.

Stroken7.3

Reaction score
I have the Tekonsha P3, I love it. The P3 is smooth and easy to use, it also will help diagnose brake problems on your trailer. If you google search the P3 you'll be able to find a good deal on one.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
My truck came with a Tekonsha voyager when i bought it. I like it, I have driven trucks with others but never had different one in my truck. I like it no complaints and i have towed a 36' flatbed with 2 larger bobcats on it.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Another Tekonsha P3 user here. Never had an issue with it, and it's always worked like a champ.

evo45

Reaction score
I have the Prodigy P3, never had any problems with it and it is good for up to four axles. Way more than I will ever tow but just in case I need it I have it! My dad liked it so much driving my truck he bought one too.

Latest posts

Members online