Changed fuel filters now truck wont run?

powersmokin64

Reaction score
Ok so I swapped out my fuel filters and bled the lines pretty well. When i go to start it, the truck will fire run for a second or two then die like its not getting fuel. And I put the exact same filter that came out of it.

STROKER

Reaction score
id pull your filter cap on top and see if theirs fuel in the bowl

Dustball8504

Reaction score
You have to prime it. Keep cycling the key while someone holds a screw driver in that valve right beside the fuel filter cap under the hood. I've also heard people say just cycle the key about 10 times and it'll build prime back up.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I just cycle the key a bunch. Turn the key on till you hear the pump turnoff. Then repeat. When you think it is enough, do it a few more times.

BFT

Reaction score
You have to prime it. Keep cycling the key while someone holds a screw driver in that valve right beside the fuel filter cap under the hood. I've also heard people say just cycle the key about 10 times and it'll build prime back up.

:whs:

the pump has to cycle when you bleed the air out then cycle it a few times after

tbsimmons

Reaction score
What I have used that helps with the smell and also gets pipe dope out from the drilling rig, Simple Green. I am sold on this stuff now for almost all cleaning.
Just spray on the areas that are bad and let it sit then throw it in the washer.
Has worked for me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.