winter winch care

stang13

Reaction score
Does anyone do anything to winterize their winches ( ex wd 40 , fairlead covers , etc) . This will be the first winter for my winch and was wondering if there is anything I can do to preserve the Winch from the snow and salt in PA ?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I have no idea, but you have a sweet looking truck! Your best bet would probably be to call the winch manufacturer and see what they recommend. Then let us know what they say, I'm interested to hear that too.

Reaction score
I am thinking about running the cable out and spraying it down with a clear chain oil. something in the aerosol motorcycle chain oil/wax line that isn't too tacky when it dries. it soaks into the cable to repel water,and provides lubrication for the cable strands as they flex under load. it should make a fairly protective barrier for the whole winch

Sgt93

Reaction score
I had one on my jeep and thought about one for the 6.7. Like you said, run it out and put the end around a tree or something. You can spray it or use some grease and work it into the cable. Check it often in the winter and you will be ok.

chappy

Reaction score
I'd use fluid film as that will protect it best from the salt. Its suppose to be guaranteed for a year after applicating and can't be penetrated by salt.

Latest posts

Members online