Aftermarket Fuel Filter

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
The Ford website said the Prime Guard fuel filter PDF 9667 is OK. I got a set at dieselfiltersonline.com for $17.89. I noticed the unmistakable visible difference between it and the Fram that was coming off the truck. This extra o-ring on the new filter was explained as being the new style filter, and Motorcraft was changing to that configuration. Well, it went in Ok, after a week of driving everything seems to be good. Nevertheless, I am going to put on the new fuel pressure regulator blue spring as soon as it comes in at my local Ford dealer. At 40 bucks a pop from Motorcraft, I can change twice as often using the Prime Guard for the same cost. Is there any downside to this? My truck is way out of warranty. Thx.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    598.5 KB · Views: 47

Mdub707

Reaction score
Are you changing BOTH fuel filters? The filter that changed is the one on the frame rail. It has a rubber o-ring at the base of the filter housing. The blue spring is to combat the drop in fuel pressure from the new filters. I use the blue spring and the old style filters. I got all of my international fuel filters for about $30 for the SET.

4cstr

Reaction score
Are you changing BOTH fuel filters? The filter that changed is the one on the frame rail. It has a rubber o-ring at the base of the filter housing. The blue spring is to combat the drop in fuel pressure from the new filters. I use the blue spring and the old style filters. I got all of my international fuel filters for about $30 for the SET.

Do you have an IH part number for the fuel filter set?

Mdub707

Reaction score
All of the IH filters I have are the OLD style. I bought out all of the stock my buddy had so I wouldn't have to worry about these new one's for a while.

Here's a pic of the P/N from the International filter box:
FuelFilter015.jpg

Here's a P/N for the brass drain plug upgrade too, from International just in case anyone is wondering...
FuelFilter005.jpg

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
Thank you. My drain plug is steel, I am trying to include a better picture of the new style filter with the o-ring on the bottom.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    659.8 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Members online