best custom tunes

justintimemoto

Reaction score
i want to build my truck up a bit injectors blah blah so on and i was wondering who makes the best custom tunes? and best customer service?

Keanoknick

Reaction score
There are several good tuners for the 6.0 I use Innovative's tunes and am very happy with them, There's also Gearhead, QuickTricks, PHP, Total Diesel Performance, and several others. I think you'll find the general consensus is Innovative or Gearhead, but that doesn't mean the others aren't good as well.

justintimemoto

Reaction score
o boy lol well to help narrow it a want to do 175s 75% and a tune that will treat the tranny nice so they can get along lol i know idp makes good tunes but i want good customer service also i not bashing idp but i called them about block i wanted to get and they never called me back.

strokin6L

Reaction score
everyone has their own preference. So as far as being the best....i don't believe one tuner is the best over the rest....they are all good.

chappy

Reaction score
I know Matt at gearhead has good customer service and innovative has been good to me in the past thru email. I have talked to Bill at powerhungryperformance befor and he is good with tuning and customer service as well but have not had his tunes on the 6.0.

3brorce

Reaction score
he best way to reach nay of the tuners is through email. They have to get over 100 phone calls a day. So I say email them and they will get back to you. I have dealt with ID, Gearheads, TSD, RCD and all are fast to reply through email. I have even emailed VIV at QT and Tony Wildman at total diesel performance and they were really fast in replying to emails as well. AS far as tunes, you are going to have to go with how you want your truck to run. Have to decide on how you like your trans to shift and that is going to be the biggest difference in the tuners I think.

justintimemoto

Reaction score
thanks for all the info guys, snake i did use the search and didnt find what i wanted. i think ill just go with idp and tell them what i want. thanks again

3brorce

Reaction score
I like all my custom tunes but I dislike my RCD ones the most. They made my 3-5 shift start a shift flare. They made good power but were just different from others I have had. Can't wrong with a custom tune I dont think just go with a known tuner.

Mdub707

Reaction score
everyone has their own preference. So as far as being the best....i don't believe one tuner is the best over the rest....they are all good.

This!

IDP has always been the best customer service for me Justin, I get tunes back in less than 24 hours almost every time.

When I first got my programmer, it ended up coming in on a Friday afternoon... well I pulled my strategy and sent it to IDP at about 5:30pm on a Friday... I figured, no way I'll get any tunes back any time soon, so I went and proceeded to do my usual Friday night activity. So now that I'm good and drunk, I go back online out of curiosity and I had tunes emailed back to me around 9:30pm on a Friday night... of course, I couldn't drive at that point, so I had to wait til Sat morning, but I couldn't believe they were there that late writing tunes!

Latest posts

Members online